DUBLIN, Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3jr7p9/global_nuclear) has announced the addition of the "Global Nuclear Medicine Radioisotopes Market - Analysis And Forecasts (2014-2019)" report to their offering.
The global technetium-99m market is expected to grow from an estimated $6.839 Billion in 2014 to $12.295 billion in 2019, at an estimated compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.47% percent and global F-18 market is expected to grow form an estimated $1.233 billion in 2014 to $2.148 billion in 2019 with a CAGR of 11.71%.
Major driving factors for the growth of the market are increasing demand of SPECT analysis in radiopharmaceuticals, development of better instruments, newer computer based procedures for image analysis and display, new 99mTc labeled agents for visualizing biologically significant events, increasing demand of PET analysis in radiopharmaceuticals, increasing use in clinical applications to study psychiatric disorders. Integration of X ray tomography (CT) into SPECT has recently emerged as a brilliant diagnostic tool in medical imaging and is considered to be a driving factor for the growth of the market. . However, some of the major constrains for the market are shorter half- life of radioisotopes, high capital investment, regulatory guidelines and reimbursement issues.
SPECT radioisotopes chemical form of thallous chloride has been the principle tracer used in myocardial perfusion imaging. Technetium-99m is the major radioisotope used in SPECT. Generally technetium is produced in technetium generators.Tl-201 is used in myocardial perfusion studies, In-111 is used in prostate cancer, and Ga-67 is used in lymphoma diagnosis and treatment. The most commonly used radiotracer in PET imaging is F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG), a glucose analogue. FDG-PET scans have been very accurate than conventional imaging in evaluation of many malignancies. The other radionuclide used is Rubidium-82.
PET imaging radioisotopes has got many applications in clinical neurology which involves movement disorders, epilepsy, brain tumors, dementia, Stroke and neuronal plasticity etc. Future applications include early diagnosis of brain metastases, Parkinson syndromes and neurodegenerative disorders such as AD. Market for radioisotopes is expected to be more in developing countries because of increasing awareness of people for radioisotopes, increasing incidence of chronic disease like cancer and increasing population.
Market is segmented by type of radioisotopes (Technetium-99m (TC-99m), Thallium-201 (TL-201), Iodine (I-123), Fluorine-18, Rubidium-82 (RB-82) and others). By application market is segmented into (cardiology, lymphoma, thyroid, neurology oncology, and others).By geography market is segmented into North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific etc.
Major players in the market GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Medix Inc., Naviscan Inc., Positron Corporation, Segami Corporation. Mergers and acquisitions of small and medium sized manufacturers to enter in overseas market is a strategy adopted by multinational players.
What the Report Offers
1) Market Definition Global nuclear medicine radioisotopes market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global nuclear medicine radioisotopes market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Reasons for Buying this Report
1) For gaining an exhaustive understanding of the worldwide market for Global nuclear medicine radioisotopes market. Would be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
2) An ideal opportunity for industry consultants and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Key Findings
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
5. Market Segmentation
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
- Agfa-Gevaert N.V.
- Cardiarc Ltd
- Digirad Corporation
- Gamma Medica Inc
- Ge Healthcare
- Hologic Inc.
- Medx Inc
- Naviscan Inc
- Positron Corporation
- Segami Corporation
- Siemens Healthcare
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3jr7p9/global_nuclear
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets