DUBLIN, May 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Oats Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global oats market reached a volume of 23.5 Million Tons in 2018. Oats are grains obtained from the Avena Sativa plant which belongs to the Poaceae family. They are consumed by humans in the form of oatmeal or rolled oats and are also used as an ingredient in animal feed. Although with the availability of low-cost substitutes, along with changing farming practices, the usage of oats as a feed grain has significantly declined over the past few years. On the contrary, the consumption of oats as a breakfast cereal and an ingredient in baked goods has witnessed a boost due to the presence of a variety of nutrients including vitamin E, essential fatty acids, soluble fibers and antioxidants. Oats also contain beta glucan which is a lipid-lowering agent and lignan that not only lowers unhealthy cholesterol levels and prevents heart diseases but also reduces the chances of hormone-related cancers.
Increasing awareness about the health benefits offered by oats has boosted their inclusion in healthy breakfast foods and snacks like granola bars, muesli, oats biscuits and oatmeal. The market is also being driven by the substantial growth in retail chains and online platforms in confluence with the easy availability of premium oat-based products. Moreover, the fast-paced lifestyle led by the working population has catalyzed the demand for ready-to-eat oats products. Apart from this, manufacturers are constantly expanding their product portfolio by introducing oat-based beverages and bakery products in the market. Similarly, they are launching unique flavors of oats and oat-based products, such as mint, masala and orange. The global oats market volume is anticipated to exceed 28 Million Tons by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of nearly 3% during 2019-2024.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global oats market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global oats market?
- What are the major application segments in the global oats market?
- What are the key product types in the global oats market?
- What are the price trends of oats?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global oats processing industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global oats processing industry?
- What is the structure of the global oats processing industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global oats processing industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global oats processing industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up an oats processing plant?
- How are oats processed?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an oats processing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an oats processing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an oats processing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an oats processing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for oats?
- What are the transportation requirements for oats?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an oats processing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an oats processing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up an oats processing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an oats processing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up an oats processing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for an oats processing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Oats Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Volume Trends
5.2.2 Value Trends
5.3 Price Analysis
5.3.1 Key Price Indicators
5.3.2 Price Structure
5.3.3 Price Trends
5.4 Market Breakup by Region
5.5 Market Breakup by Application
5.6 Market Breakup by Product Type
5.7 Market Forecast
5.8 SWOT Analysis
5.9 Value Chain Analysis
5.10 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.11 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Market Performance by Region
6.4 United States
7 Market Performance by Product Type
8 Market Performance by Application
8.1 Food Use
8.2 Feed Use
9 Oats Processing
9.1 Product Overview
9.2 Detailed Process Flow
9.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
9.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
10 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
10.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
10.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
10.3 Plant Machinery
10.4 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
10.5 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
10.6 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
10.7 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
10.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
10.9 Other Capital Investments
11 Loans and Financial Assistance
12 Project Economics
12.1 Capital Cost of the Project
12.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
12.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
12.4 Taxation and Depreciation
12.5 Income Projections
12.6 Expenditure Projections
12.7 Financial Analysis
12.8 Profit Analysis
13 Competitive Landscape
13.1 Market Structure
13.2 Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sk2p98
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets