DUBLIN, May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "2016 Global Outlook of the Energy & Environment Industry" report to their offering.
This comprehensive report analyzes the global outlook of the energy and environment industry and the key topics all industry participants should be aware of. It considers current and future drivers, challenges and opportunities, providing readers with an unrivalled understanding of this market and where it's heading.
In the oil & gas sector, the dramatic decline in the oil price has massively impacted the upstream industry, but investment in downstream remains strong. The impact of the oil price decline on the power sector has been relatively limited, with investment in renewables remaining strong and market interest in storage continues to grow.
The homes & buildings sector continues to gradually transition to a smarter and greener ecosystem. For the water sector, investment continues at a steady pace, with expansion the focus of investment in the developing world and renewal the focus in Europe and North America.
- Time of Opportunity: The low oil price provides an excellent opportunity for oil companies and private equity firms with capital to invest in either projects or assets.
- Global Oil Production to be Stable: Increases in Iraq and Iran will be offset by declines in North America.
- Greater Focus on Transportation Costs: As a percentage, transportation costs have increased and the impact is significant for rail and trucks.
- Increasing Competition in the Gas Market: With the United States shipping liquid natural gas (LNG) to Europe,the balance of power is shifting to consumers of natural gas.
- Refinery Margins to Stay Strong: In particular, margins in Asia will hold up. The United States will some modest declines, but a recovery is forecast for the end of the year.
- Downstream Investment Remains Strong: Long-term demand and strategic expectations mean that storage and refinery investment will continue to be strong.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
3. Oil & Gas Outlook
4. Distributed Energy Outlook
5. Critical Power Outlook
6. Energy Storage Outlook
7. Water & Wastewater Outlook
8. Homes & Buildings Outlook
9. Key Conclusions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sx4fg9/2016_global
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-outlook-of-the-energy--environment-industry-2016---trends-technologies--opportunities-report---research-and-markets-300269990.html
SOURCE Research and Markets