DUBLIN, Jan. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Gastrointestinal Diseases Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Gastrointestinal Diseases Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2018
provides an overview of the pipeline landscape for gastrointestinal diseases. It provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for gastroenteritis, enterocolitis, gastritis and peritonitis, and features dormant and discontinued products.
Gastroenteritis is an infection of the gut. Symptoms include stomach pain, cramping, fever, nausea, and a headache. Causes of gastroenteritis include contaminated food or water and contact with someone who has the virus. Treatment includes antibiotics, anti-emetic and anti-diarrheal medications. There are 12 products in development for this indication.
Enterocolitis is an inflammation of the large and small intestines. Symptoms include fever, abdominal swelling, nausea, diarrhea, rectal bleeding and sluggishness. Causes of enterocolitis include inflammation of the intestinal tissues, delayed gastric emptying, abdominal wall erythema, apnea, sepsis and cardiovascular collapse. Treatment includes antibiotics. There are eight products in development for this indication.
Gastritis is characterized by inflammation or swelling of the lining of the stomach. Acute gastritis lasts for a short period of time while chronic gastritis lasts for a long period of time (months to years). Gastritis can be caused by medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen on long periods of consumption, excess intake of alcohol, Helicobacter pylori infection, certain autoimmune disorders, bile reflux, substance abuse (cocaine), consumption of corrosive or caustic substances such as poisons, extreme stress, viral infections and trauma.
The symptoms of gastritis may include loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain and black stools. Treatment includes use of antacids, histamine 2 (H2) antagonists and proton pump inhibitors. There are 11 products in development for this indication.
Peritonitis is inflammation of the peritoneum. There are two types of peritonitis. Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis is the result of an infection of the fluid in the peritoneal cavity. Secondary peritonitis is usually due to an infection that has spread from the digestive tract. Symptoms include abdominal bloating, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, fever and chills. Treatment includes antibiotics. There are seven products in development for this indication.
Molecular targets in development for gastrointestinal diseases include toll-like receptors, interleukin receptors and bacterial proteins. Companies operating in this pipeline space include Kyowa Hakko Kirin, RedHill Biopharma and GlaxoSmithKline.
- Which companies are the most active within each pipeline?
- Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
- To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
- What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in this disease area?
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
- Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
- Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline and the products being fielded by each of these
- Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration
- Avexegen Therapeutics Inc
- BCWorld Pharm Co Ltd
- Daewon Pharm Co Ltd
- Daewoong Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Infant Bacterial Therapeutics AB
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co Ltd
- Leadiant Biosciences Inc
- Medicago Inc
- Nosopharm SAS
- Ology Bioservices Inc
- Oncodesign SA
- ProMetic Life Sciences Inc
- Recce Ltd
- RedHill Biopharma Ltd
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Sequella Inc
- SynAct Pharma AB
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- UMN Pharma Inc
- Vaxart Inc
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.1 Gastrointestinal Diseases Report Coverage
2.2 Gastroenteritis - Overview
2.3 Enterocolitis - Overview
2.4 Gastritis - Overview
2.5 Peritonitis - Overview
3 Therapeutics Development
4 Therapeutics Assessment
5 Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
6 Dormant Projects
7 Discontinued Products
8 Product Development Milestones
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/r4w9fq/gastrointestinal?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets