The report provides separate comprehensive analytics are provided for PM Parts for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World. Additionally, the report analyzes the Global market for Metal Powders in value (US$) for the US and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
The US Metal Powders market is further analyzed in terms of value (US$) and volume (Tons) by the following Segments:
Iron & Steel
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Powder Metallurgy (PM) in terms of value sales (US$) of Metal Powders and PM Parts/Components.
The report profiles 121 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Allegheny Technologies Incorporated
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.
American Chemet Corp.
AMETEK Specialty Metal Products
Burgess-Norton Manufacturing Company
Carpenter Technology Corporation
Daido Steel Co., Ltd.
Dowa Holdings Co., Ltd.
F. W. Winter Inc. & Co.
Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp.
Fine Sinter Co., Ltd.
GKN Sinter Metals, Inc.
H.C. Starck GmbH
Hitachi Chemical Company, Ltd.
JFE Steel Corp.
Kobe Steel, Ltd.
PMG Holding GmbH
Rio Tinto Metal Powders
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
1. OUTLOOK A Prelude Current and Future Market Analysis Analysis for Metal Powders Analysis for Powder Metallurgy (P/M) Parts Automotive Industry The Largest End-Use Industry for PM Products Asia-Pacific Continues to be a Growth Engine
2. MARKET DYNAMICS Expanding Applications Drive Powder Metals Market Improving Economy Buoys General Market Optimism Optimism Prevails Amid PMI Recovery Tremendous Prospects Lie Ahead for Metal Powders in Additive Manufacturing Major Additive Manufacturing Processes, Usage Applications and Powder Requirements Application Profile of Additive Manufacturing An Overview Existing Hurdles to Metal Powders in Additive Manufacturing MIM PM Components Set to Flourish Newer Advances and Technological Breakthroughs Drive the Market Aluminum Sintering Inches towards Reality VVT Components A Peek into Opportunities and Hurdles Marked Trends towards Finer Powders and Advanced PM Parts Nanopowders: A Major Area of Focus Increasing Focus on Green Technology Future Growth Directions for the PM Industry Diversification Sustainability Investments in Technology Competitive Landscape
3. A REVIEW OF MAJOR END-USE SECTORS Automotive Industry Outlook Stable Automobile Production Fuels Growth Opportunities in the OEM Market Asia and Other Developing Regions to Drive Growth Historical Relationship between P/M and Automotive Industry Benefits for Automotive Industry Powder Metallurgy in Passenger Cars Recent Developments in the Automotive Industry Prospective Automotive Applications Carrier Housings VVT Geographic Variations Exist in PM Usage in Automobiles Aerospace PM Material in Aerospace Applications Growth in Aerospace Sector Augurs Well for Market Other End-Use Sectors Mechanization of Agriculture Spurs Growth Growing Demand for Mining & Construction Equipment Boosts Growth in Powder Metallurgy Market DIY Tools and Domestic Appliances Emerging End-Use Industries Rising Prospects for PM Material in Health Care Industry
4. PRODUCT OVERVIEW AND ANALYSIS Powder Metallurgy (PM) Technology: A Primer A Peek into History of Metal Powders Definition Attributes Particle Size Distribution: A Key Attribute Metal Powders Classification Ferrous Powders Iron Powder Stainless Steel Powder Non-Ferrous Powders History Scope Types of Non-Ferrous Powders Aluminum Powder History Benefits Applications Types of Atomized Aluminum Powders Aluminum PM Production Aluminum Powder Metallurgy Process Copper (and Copper Alloy) Powder Key Applications of Copper and Copper Alloy Powders Nickel Powder Titanium Powder Refractory Metals Tantalum Tungsten Powder Metallurgy Introduction Powder Metallurgy Vs. Other Techniques (Machining, Die Casting and Forging) Process Description Fundamental Steps Types of Methods Mixing Pressing Forming Sintering Sinter Hardening Post Sintering Operations Re-Pressing Hot Re-Press Forging Infiltration Impregnation Heat Treatment Surface-Hardening Steam Treatment Blueing Plating Coatings Mechanical Treatment De-burring Rapid Solidification Advantages Disadvantages Sintered Components: An Overview Metal Powders Present Rich Scope for Economical, Creative Design Offerings Benefits and Features of Sintered Components The Manufacturing Process for Sintered Components Applications of PM and PM Parts Metal Powders PM Parts Powder Metallurgy: Suitable Technique for Parts Production and MMC Powder Metallurgy Magnets Powder Metallurgy in Tool Steels Products Derived from Metal Powders Mechanical or Structural Components Ferrous Structural Parts Non-Ferrous Structural Components Exclusive High-Duty Alloys Composite Materials Hard Metals and Diamond Tools Magnetic and Electric Parts Porous Materials Powder Metal Parts: Production Technologies High-Potential Technologies Direct Metal Deposition (DMD) Dynamic Magnetic Compression (DMC) Spray Forming Metal Injection Molding (MIM) Powder Injection Molding (PIM) Traditional Methods Hot Pressing Isostatic Pressing Cold Isostatic Pressing Hot Isostatic Pressing Extrusion Hot Extrusion Cold Extrusion Roll Compaction Other Methods Powder Forging Powder Rolling Net Shape Processing Powder Metal Processing Techniques Atomization Process Gas Atomization Water Atomization Electrolysis Mechanical Comminution Methods Mechanical Alloying Chemical Methods Diffusion Bonding Solid State Reduction Hydrometallurgical Process Hunter Process Kroll Process Powder Metallurgy Equipment Associations/Federations Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF) APMI International
5. PRODUCT/PROCESS INTRODUCTIONS/ INNOVATIONS Epson Atmix Rolls Out New Stainless Steel Grade Power Höganäs Launches High Precision Toolbox for Metal Mixes Cooksongold to Release New Platinum Advanced Metal Powder Hoeganaes Unveils AncorAM Product Line Carbodeon Adds Nanodiamond Powder to uDiamond® Product Line NanoSteel Launches New Range of Ferrous Powders LPW Technology Introduces New Analytical Techniques and Software for Additive Manufacturing EOS Develops Two Novel Metal Powders for AM
6. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY Carpenter Technology Commences Production of CARTECH® PURIS 5+ Carpenter Teams Up with Samuel for Additive Manufacturing Solutions Höganäs Opens Technology Center in India GKN Hoeganaes Starts Production Operations at Powder Innovation Center GKN Takes Over Tozmetal Miba to Take Over Full Ownership of MMLMS Allegheny and GE Aviation for JV for Meltless Titanium Alloy Sandvik Expands Capacity for Gas Atomised Powder American Axle Acquires Metaldyne Performance Group Carpenter Technology Takes Over Puris ACuPowder Merges Three Entities, Forms Unified Brand GKN Collaborates with EOS for Welding Umicore to Take Over Eurotungstene Sumitomo to Acquire Keystone Powdered Metal Company GKN Hoeganaes and TLS Technik to Form JV Hoeganaes Commences Production of Powders for Asia Hoeganaes Bags AS9100C Quality Management System for Cinnaminson Facility NTN Corporation Merges Subsidies Federal-Mogul Opens New JV Facility GKN to Form JV with Bazhou Hongsheng Carpenter Technology to Start Operations at Alabama Unit Makin Metal Powders Invests for Capacity Expansion CVMR Relocates Operations to US Metalysis Consummates Tantalum Powder' Production Run Netshape Takes Over Capstan Tennessee CVMR Teams Up with AREVA for Establishing New Plants Kushal Ferro Alloys Seeks Technology Partnership for Water Atomisation Plant GKN Invests for Facility Expansion in Zhenjiang, China AP&C Obtains AS9100 Certification for QM System Hyundai Completes Construction of Water Atomisation Plant in Korea Global Tungsten & Powders Joins Hands with Umicore for Cobalt Powder Höganäs Explores on New Powder Production Unit for PM titanium components Rio Tinto Commences Operations at a New Metal Powder Annealing Facility in China Carraro Inks Agreement to Divest MG Mini Gears to Finatem Pyrogenesis Canada Signs a Letter of Intent PyroGenesis Takes Over CAD $2 Million Metallurgical Powder Pilot Plant Iluka Resources Invests in Metalysis Limited 5N Plus Acquires AM&M Advanced Machine and Materials SLM Solutions to Acquire a Metal Powder Producer Raymor Industries Divests AP&C division to PE-backed Arcam Hitachi Chemical Co. Merges with Hitachi Powdered Metals Co. O2 Investment Acquires Alpha Sintered Metals GRIPM Acquires Majority of Shares in Makin Metal Powders CREMER GmbH Acquires SOF EQUIPMENT
7. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
8. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 121 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 133)