The global scalable software-defined networking market is expected to record a CAGR of 28.66%, over the forecast period of 2018-2023.
This report provides information about the leading players and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top vendors, in the scalable software-defined networking market. In addition, the report discusses the major drivers that influence the growth of the market. It also outlines the challenges faced by the vendors and key emerging trends, in the market studied.
The market is driven by efficient network infrastructure, increasing mobility, and rising demand for cloud services. Moreover, growth of the market studied is inhibited by lack of awareness among buyers and standardization of networks. The increasing adoption of BYOD (bring your own device) and rapid technological advancements provide an opportunity for growth of the SDN market.
Trend of BYOD is Driving the Market's Growth
Various enterprises have been constantly opting for solutions that channel a considerable number of computing devices and create advanced communication infrastructure. BYOD has a significant impact on the enterprises, as it realizes the advantages, in terms of cost saving, productivity, and flexibility. A survey by Cisco reported that about 69% of the IT decision makers favor BYOD as an optimistic addition to workplace policy, as it saves workers' time.
Mobile workers account for nearly 90% of the workforce in the United States alone, as it provides improved productivity and collaboration, by tying geographically distributed offices together and integrating and streamlining communications. These devices add up to a significant number of potential attacks, and also provide access for corporate data, to be accidentally or purposely exfiltrated.
Data breaches also offer privacy and compliance issues that expose the organization to the ire of regulatory bodies, along with wrath of the public users. The SDN trend is projected to continue to gain momentum, as an increasing number of companies are trying to leverage their SDN initiation, for the security of BYOD.
North America is the Major Contributor of the Market
The North American segment dominates the market studied, in terms of revenue share. The segment is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period, owing to rapid pace of technological developments, in this region. Further, increasing internet penetration, continous advancements in technology, and business applications are driving the adoption of SDN, in this region.
The Asia-Pacific segment is expected to register the highest growth rate, owing to the prsence of a considerable number of cloud-ready industries in the region. Additionally, service quality, cost-effective secuity, scalability are driving the adoption of software-defined networking.
Key Developments in the Market
November 2017 - Cisco and Interpol agreed to share threat intelligence, as a first step in jointly fighting cybercrimes. This alliance is expected to witness the two organizations develop a coordinated and focused approach, toward sharing data.
November 2017 - IBM acquired Vivant Digital Business, to address the increasing needs of clients seeking transformation, through digital reinvention.
Key Topics Covered
1. Introduction 1.1 Key Study Deliverables 1.2 Market Definition 1.3 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights 4.1 Market Overview 4.2 Indusrty Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis 4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Consumers 4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products 4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry 4.3 Industry Supply Chain Analysis
5. Market Dynamics 5.1 Market Drivers 5.1.1Rising Adoption of Cloud 5.1.2 Trend of BYOD devices 5.2 Market Restraints 5.2.1 Concerns related to security
6. Global Scalable Software Defined Networking Segmentation 6.1 By End User Industry 6.1.1 Academia and Research 6.1.2 BFSI 6.1.3 Consumer Goods and Retail 6.1.4 Government and Defense 6.1.5 Manufacturing 6.1.6 Telecom and IT 6.3 By Geography 6.3.1 North America 6.3.2 Europe 6.3.3 Asia-Pacific 6.3.4 Latin America 6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7. Key Vendor Profiles 7.1 International Business Machines Corporation 7.2 Cisco Systems, Inc. 7.3 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. 7.4 Juniper Networks, Inc. 7.5 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. 7.6 NEC Corporation 7.7 Pica8, Inc. 7.8 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 7.9 Ciena Corporation 7.10 Intel Corporation 7.11 Pluribus Networks Inc. 7.12 Big Switch Networks, Inc.
8. Investment Analysis 8.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions 8.2 Investment Scenario and Opportunities