DUBLIN, Jan. 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Sensor Market by Type, Industry Vertical - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2014 - 2022" report to their offering.
The Global Sensor Market is expected to garner $241 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 11.3%. In the year 2015, Asia-Pacific dominated the global market and contributed over 45% of the overall market, owing to improved electronics industry infrastructure and increase in demand for electronic products such as smartphones, handheld devices, PCs, laptops, and others.
Key Findings of Sensor Market Study:
- Radar sensor dominated the market in 2015 with over 18% of market share witnessing the growth rate of 9.9%.
- Image sensor is the fastest growing segment in the overall sensor market by type at present
- Among the technologies, MEMS technology held over 45% of the market in 2015 and is anticipated to lead the market throughout the forecast period.
- NEMS is estimated to display the highest growth rate of 14.2%, owing to its technological superiority such as smaller size, high precision and low power consumption of the sensors.
- Electronics industry constituted over 60% of overall sensor market in 2015 which is the largest share among all the industry verticals.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market in 2015, accounting over 45% of the total market revenue and it is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
- The key players in the sensor market focus on expanding their business operations in the emerging countries with new product launches through various R&D facilities. Sensor manufacturing companies are designing the efficient sensors for the electronic product manufacturers for electric vehicles, healthcare equipment, household storage, and portable electronics to launch technologically advanced products in order to increase their market share.
The major players profiled in this report include
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- NXP semiconductors N.V.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- Atmel Corporation
- Texas instruments Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Johnson controls international PLC
- Sony Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Overview
Chapter 4 World Sensor Market, By Type
Chapter 5 World Sensor Market, By Technology
Chapter 6 World Sensor Market, By Industry Vertical
Chapter 7 World Sensor Market, By Geography
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pxtkhn/sensor_market_by
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-sensor-market-opportunity-analysis-and-industry-forecasts-2014-2022-market-is-expected-to-garner-241-billion-by-2022---research-and-markets-300384564.html
SOURCE Research and Markets