DUBLIN, April 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Shrimp Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global shrimp market reached a volume of around 4.66 Million Tons in 2018
Shrimp is one of the most common and popular types of seafood consumed worldwide. Belonging to the largest class of crustaceans called Malacostraca, they have a laterally compressed and elongated body with long antennae and legs. They can be found in both shallow and deep water as well as in freshwater lakes and streams. They are a rich source of calcium, iodine, vitamin D, vitamin B3, zinc, protein and omega-3 fatty acids but low in saturated fats.
They provide numerous health benefits such as improving bone and brain health, aiding weight loss, reducing the risks of cardiovascular disease, relieving eye fatigue and lowering blood pressure which have led to a rise in their overall demand across the globe.
The market is expected to reach a volume of 5.83 Million Tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 3.73% during the forecast period (2019-2024).
The global market has been witnessing positive growth as manufacturers are adding several value-added products to their product lines. These products are gaining popularity in several countries such as the United States, Europe and Japan which has helped in expanding the consumer base.
Shrimp consumption has been growing continuously, especially in countries like India and China, on account of rising organized retail chains across the region. In addition, since the demand for seafood products is income elastic, a continuous increase in the number of consumers with higher disposable incomes is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the market.
The governments of major producing countries have acknowledged the seafood sector as a high priority industry and are currently promoting it with several fiscal reliefs and incentives. For instance, government bodies in India, such as MPEDA (Marine Products Exports Development Authority), are supporting shrimp culture through cluster farming approach. Similar initiatives are also being taken in Vietnam, Thailand and China which are expected to attract new investors to the industry.
The market has traditionally been an export-oriented market in untapped markets, such as India, with only a small share of the total production consumed domestically. Over the last few years, however, the domestic market in these countries has started flourishing. The demand, which was primarily focused in big cities until a few years ago, is now spreading to tier-II and tier-III cities and the domestic consumption is expected to increase continuously over the next few years.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global shrimp market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global shrimp market?
- What are the popular species in the global shrimp market?
- What are the various size ranges in the global shrimp market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global shrimp industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global shrimp industry?
- What is the structure of the global shrimp industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global shrimp industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global shrimp industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- How are shrimp processed?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a shrimp processing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for shrimp?
- What are the transportation requirements for shrimp?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a shrimp processing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a shrimp processing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Shrimp Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Wild Shrimp vs Farmed Shrimp
5.4 Market Forecast
6 Global Wild Shrimp Market
6.1 Market Overview
6.2 Market Performance
6.3 Market Forecast
7 Global Farmed Shrimp Market
7.1 Market Overview
7.2 Market Performance
7.3 Major Shrimp Producing Countries
7.4 Major Shrimp Consuming Countries
7.5 Market Breakup by Species
7.6 Market Breakup by Shrimp Size
7.7 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
7.8 Trade Data
7.9 Market Forecast
8 Global Shrimp Industry Insights
8.1 Evolution of the Shrimp Industry
8.2 Shrimp as a Part of the Seafood Industry
8.3 Shrimp Products: Block-frozen vs IQF
8.4 Shrimp Industry: Value Chain
8.5 Broodstock Sourcing
8.6 Shrimp Feed Production
8.7 Shrimp Farming
8.8 Shrimp Processing
8.9 Value Added Shrimp
8.10 Shrimp Exports
8.11. Price and Margin Analysis
8.12. Shrimp Industry SWOT Analysis
8.13. Shrimp Industry Porters Five Forces Analysis
9 Major Shrimp Producing Regions
10 Major Shrimp Consuming Regions
10.1 United States
11 Market Breakup by Species
11.1 Penaeus Vannamei
11.2 Penaeus Monodon
11.3 Macrobrachium Rosenbergii
12 Market Breakup by Shrimp Size
12.1 Size <_1_br />12.2 Size 21-25
12.3 Size 26-30
12.4 Size 31-40
12.5 Size 41-50
12.6 Size 51-60
12.7 Size 61-70
12.8 Size >70
13 Market Breakup by Distribution Channel
13.1 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
13.2 Convenience Stores
13.3 Hotels and Restaurants
13.4 Online Sales
14 Market for Value Added Shrimp Products
14.1 Market Overview
14.2 Market Performance
14.3 Market Breakup by Region
14.4 Market Breakup by Type
14.5 Market Forecast
15 Imports of Processed Shrimps
16 Competitive Landscape
16.1 Competitive Structure
16.2 Key Players
17 Shrimp Processing
17.1 Product Overview
17.2 Detailed Process Flow
17.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
17.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
18 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
18.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
18.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
18.3 Plant Machinery
18.4 Machinery Pictures
18.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
18.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
18.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
18.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
18.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
18.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
18.11 Other Capital Investments
19 Loans and Financial Assistance
20 Project Economics
20.1 Capital Cost of the Project
20.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
20.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
20.4 Taxation and Depreciation
20.5 Income Projections
20.6 Expenditure Projections
20.7 Financial Analysis
20.8 Profit Analysis
21 Key Player Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6wbsus
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets