The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2015 through 2024. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Smart Glass in US$. The Global, Europe and the US markets are further analyzed by the following Technology Types:
Suspended Particle Devices
Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal Glass
Additionally, the Global market is analyzed by the following End-Use Applications:
The report profiles 102 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Active Glass Technologies PLC
Asahi Glass Company Ltd.
Asahi India Glass Ltd.
Clayton Glass Ltd.
Essex Safety Glass Ltd.
Flat Glass Industries Ltd.
Glass Apps, LLC
Hitachi Chemical Group
Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
Research Frontiers Incorporated
SAGE Electrochromics, Inc.
Smart Glass Country
SmartGlass International Limited
Vario Glass, Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Smart Glass: Creating Intelligent Windows and Enabling Need Driven Multi-Functional Spaces Strong Growth Predicted for Smart Glass over the Next Few Years Growth Drivers in a Nutshell Key Growth Restraints Super Windows for Energy Efficiency Developed Markets Dominate, while Developing Markets Drive Growth China: The Fastest Growing Smart Glass Market Worldwide Transportation: The Largest and the Fastest Growing Application Sector Electrochromic Glass Adoption Growing Globally
2. COMPETITION Sage and View Dominate Electrochromic Glass Market, while Research Frontiers Takes the Lead in SPD Technology Consolidated Nature of the Automotive Smart Glass Market Market Witnesses Rising Investments and Increasing Patent Activity Research & Development: Need of the Hour for Broader Market Adoption Popular Smart Window Solutions Worldwide Noteworthy Smart Window Solutions Worldwide: Brief Details of Product and Key Features
3. MARKET TRENDS, ISSUES & DRIVERS Myriad Benefits Offered by Smart Glass Windows Drive Widespread Adoption in Architectural Applications List of Exterior, Interior, and Projection Applications of Smart Glass in the Architectural Sector Smart Windows Offers Several Benefits to Building Owners Novel Smart Window Technology for the Building Retrofit Segment Towards Sustainable Building Materials and Building Methods Positive Outlook for the Global Construction Offers Growth Opportunities Focus on Energy Efficiency, Better Fuel Economy, and Improved Vehicle Designs Drive Robust Demand in the Automotive Industry Self-Cleaning and Self-Repairing Applications Gain Momentum Smart Glass to Provide Social Networking and Entertainment Features in Vehicles Smart Mirrors Dominate Smart Glass Applications in Automobiles Electrochromic Technology Dominates Smart Mirrors Application Self-Tinting in Automobiles: SPD-Based Smart Glass Rules the Market Niche Active Smart Window Technologies Offers Untapped Market Potential Lightweight Smart Glass: First-Choice Materials in Connected Cars Recovering Global Automobiles Production: An Important Opportunity Indicator Growing Concerns with Regard to Energy Loss Drive Demand for Switchable Smart Glass in Varied Applications Switchable Privacy Glass Panels Boardrooms and Conference Rooms Residential Front Doors Operating Theaters and Hospital Wards Prisons and Detention Rooms Retail Displays Financial Institutions Use of Privacy Glass Walls in Commercial and Residential Spaces Gain Momentum Designs for Living Room Bedroom Design Bathroom Design Restaurant and Bar Design Contemporary Office Designs Growing Trend towards Green/LEED Buildings Offer Lucrative Market Growth Opportunities Spiraling Electricity Usage and Resulting Energy Costs Spur Demand for Automatic Tinting Windows in the Building Sector Tinted Smart Glass Technology Revolutionizes Interior Design & Decor Customization of Designs to Suit Brand Color Experimenting with Patterns Complementing Existing Color Schemes Creating Roofs that Enrich Sky's Natural Color Customization of Color of Floor Glasses Customizing Colors to Complement Prevailing Weather Color Tints Options in Privacy Smart Glass Superior Attributes of Active Smart Glass Promote Higher Growth than Passive Types Comparison of Active Smart Glass Technologies Aesthetics: The Fundamental Factor behind the Huge Popularity of Smart Windows Electrochromics and SPD: Leading Smart Glass Technologies PDLC Active Smart Glass Penetration Marred by Limited Capabilities Development of PDLC Technology Active smart glasses respond to electrical stimulus LCDs are today omnipresent Self-Adhesive-Switchable PDLC Film and Laminated-Switchable PDLC Glass Smart Windows in Aircrafts Enable Efficient Management of Light and Glare Smart Glass Solutions to Revolutionize the Air Travel Experience Smart Glass for Smart Yachts Smart Glass to Witness Large-Scale Adoption in the Electronics Sector Rising Popularity of Multiple Entertainment Displays Drive Smart Glass Demand in High-Performance Immersion Wall Growing Applications of Smart Glass in the Healthcare Sector Lends Traction to Market Growth Application of Smart Glass in Solar Panels to Open up New Growth Avenues Rising Investments in Infrastructure Projects Strengthens Market Prospects Key Factors Hampering Widespread Adoption of Smart Glass
4. SMART GLASS INNOVATIONS & ADVANCEMENTS Low-E Laminated Glass Nano Composite Architecture Materials Self-tinting Windows Smectic A Near-UV Light Absorbing Smart Windows Innovative Smart Glass Solutions that Substitute Electronic Window Shades Sonte Film Smart Tint InvisiShade Smart Glass that Address Enhanced Security Requirements Walk-on Glass Attack-resistant Glass Fire-resistant Glass Blast and Ballistic Resistant Glass Electric Smart Glass for Corporate Advertising Convert Buildings into Billboards As Interactive Displays Branding the Building Using with Innovative Designs Transitioning Store Windows Smart Windows as Flat Screen Televisions (TVs) Smart Glass Offer Customizable Home Environment Triboelectrics-Powered Smart Windows Self-Illuminating Glass Technology Electricity-Free Smart Window Color-changing, Electricity-producing Smart Glass Smart Windows with Wide-angle Antireflection and Broadband Functionalities Wi-Fi Compatible Smart Windows AIS Swytchglas Novel Smart Window Technology to Control Light and Heat Flow Microgels to Replace Hydrogels in Smart Windows Mobile App for Tinting Windows through Smartphones Technology Expedites Switching between Warm and Cool Modes Glass Embedded Electronics: The Next Big Thing in Automotive Smart Glass Notable Glass Innovations for Cars Jaguar Land Rover Bets Big on Future Applications of Smart Glass Universal Smart Window Coating Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC) Integrated Smart Window Production-Friendly and Less Costly Smart Window Future Window Technology to Include Endless Possibilities and Innumerable Opportunities Other Innovative & Advanced Smart Glass Solutions Technological Innovations in Window Designs: An Evolutionary Scan Float Glass Insulating Glass Vinyl Windows Clad Windows Tilt-In Replacements Round Top Windows Low-E Glass and Gas-Filled IGUs Impact Glass Ultrex Frames Smart, Switchable, Dynamic Glass Smart Privacy Glass Blackout Smartglass Solar Smartglass Switchable Smart Glass Smart Windows Electrochromic Devices Micro-Blinds Suspended Particle Devices Liquid Crystal Devices Mechanical Smart Windows
5. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Smart Glass: A Prelude Applications of Smart Glass Smart Windows Types of Smart Glass Technologies Passive Smart Glass Technologies Thermochromics Photochromics Active Smart Glass Technologies Electrochromics Key Features of Electrochromic Smart Glass Technology Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (PDLC) Key Features of PDLC Technology Types of PDLC Switchable Glass Self-adhesive Switchable PDLC Film Laminated Switchable PDLC Glass Suspended Particle Device (SPD) Advantages and Disadvantages of Various Active Smart Glass Technologies
6. PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS RavenWindow Unveils Gen3 Thermochromic Smart Windows Inwido Introduces Smart Window Panasonic Unveils High Image Contrast Transparent Screen Range Seoli Innovations Launches New Smart Glass Solution AGC Unveils New Dragontrail Pro Range Vision Systems Unveils SPD-Smart Electronically Dimmable Windows for Airline Industry
7. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY Greenbriar Acquires a Private Company View Receives Funding to Develop Electrochromic Smart Glass Saint-Gobain Expands Flat Glass Production Capacity in Mexico Vision Systems Inks Partnership Agreement with PPG Aerospace Hanamac Acquires SPD-SmartGlass Automotive Windows License from Research Frontiers Pleotint Inks Partnership Agreement with Romag & Clayton Glass UMU Products Acquires License to Produce SPD- SmartGlass Architectural Window Products Koch Industries Takes Over Guardian Industries Vision Systems Forms New Division to Produce SPD-Smart Windows Roofglaze Partners with Intelligent Glass Smartglass Receives Order to Supply Solar Switchable Smartglass Panels Sunpartner Technologies Inks Agreement with Nexcis
8. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
9. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 102 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 106)