NEW YORK, Oct. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- A smart home refers to a residence equipped with computing and information technology devices, which anticipates and responds to the needs of the owner in an efficient and effective manner. In a smart home, the owner can easily monitor and control a wide range of applications such as lighting control, access control, fire detection, leak detection, energy efficiency, etc. from anywhere via his/her smartphones or internet. Smart homes also use key cards or fingerprint identification in place of conventional locks, making it harder for someone to break-in. Increasing awareness of energy saving among customers, surging demand for real time home security coupled with growing technological advancements are anticipated to boost the global smart homes market during 2016 – 2021. In addition, backed by expanding Internet of Things (IOT) market, booming M2M communication market and thriving touchfree intuitive gesture control market, the global smart homes market is expected to register a healthy growth rate over the next five years.
According to "Global Smart Homes Market By Application, By Technology, By Region, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 – 2021", the global smart homes market is projected to cross $ 60 billion by 2021. On the basis of application, the market has been segmented into five categories, namely, Energy Management Systems, Security & Access Control Systems, HVAC Control Systems, Entertainment Control Systems and Others. Among these categories, Energy Management Systems dominated the global smart homes market in 2015. With increasing government efforts to optimize energy consumption, the adoption of energy management systems is expected to further increase in the coming years. In 2015, North America dominated the global smart homes market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America. "Global Smart Homes Market By Application, By Technology, By Region, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 – 2021" discusses the following aspects of global smart homes market:
• Global Smart Homes Market Size, Share & Forecast
• Segmental Analysis – By Application (Energy Management Systems, Security & Access Control Systems, HVAC Control Systems, Entertainment Control Systems and Others), By Technology (Wireless Communication Technology, Cellular Network Technologies and Protocols & Standards), By Region,
• Regional Analysis - North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America
• Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
• Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
• To gain an in-depth understanding of global smart homes market
• To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
• To help industry consultants and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
• To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
• To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
• To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interaction with smart home solution providers and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03938002-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-smart-homes-market-projected-to-cross--60-billion-by-2021-300346257.html