DUBLIN, June 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Smart Thermostats Market Report 2015-2021, Market Model + Quarterly Updates" report to their offering.
The analysis reveals that the $879M (4.9M devices) Smart Thermostat market is currently seeing its strongest ever momentum as Smart Home adoption and assisted-living solutions are quickly becoming more prevalent in the consumer market. The uptake has been especially strong in North America in 2015 and was driven by very strong Q4/2015 sales.
Demand for Smart Thermostats is currently strongest in North America with 70% global market share. The overall market is currently dominated by US vendors with Honeywell and Nest emerging as the market leaders. European markets are also starting to pick up but interestingly with a more diverse landscape of vendors such as Hive, Netatmo, and eQ-3.
As homes around the world are increasingly becoming Smart, Smart Thermostats are emerging as one of the centerpieces of the Smart Home ecosystem. Global Smart Thermostat sales grew +123% in 2015, indicating Smart Home devices are finally becoming mainstream. To measure the opportunity this report leverages the exclusive App download data from Priori Data, the leading app store intelligence company, in combination with our primary market research enabling us generate extremely granular insights and answer some key questions:
Find Out the Answers To:
- What are the basic market characteristics of the Smart Thermostat Market?
- How has the Smart Thermostat Market developed globally and regionally from Q3/2014 to Q4/2015?
- What are the drivers behind growth in Europe and North America?
- Who are the emerging 25 key vendors by market share?
- Who are the key vendors by country and their development over time?
- What are the current trends in the Smart Thermostat market?
- How is the market expected to develop in the next 5 years (until 2021)?
- Details of the latest M&A transactions?
- Relevant Startup funding rounds?
Industry report detailing the $879M Smart Thermostat market including:
- Exclusive market data by month, vendor & country
- Market forecast 2015 to 2021 for top 14 countries
- Market shares of leading companies
- 10 detailed company profiles
- Industry trends analysis
- M&A and funding analysis
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Typical benefits and product features
1.2 Technology architecture
1.3 Market characteristics
2. Smart Thermostat Market
2.2 Market deep-dive by region/country (devices, revenue, market share)
2.3 Market forecast 2016-21
2.4 Special analyses
3. Key Players At A Glance
3.6 Emerson Climate
4. Innovation & Trends
4.1 General outlook
4.2 Innovation lies in software (rather than hardware)
4.3 Ecosystems will be a game changer
4.4 Data privacy and security will make more headlines
4.5 Cooperation with external partners
4.6 M&A and Funding Activity
5. Methodology & Definitions
5.1 Product definitions and scope of study
5.1.1 Product definition
5.2 Data sources, reliability and limitations
5.2.1 Download data
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8jm6qm/smart_thermostats
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-smart-thermostats-market-report-2015-2021-market-grew-123-in-2015-indicating-smart-home-is-finally-becoming-mainstream---research-and-markets-300289836.html
SOURCE Research and Markets