LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sodium chlorate is an inorganic compound which is manufactured through the electrolysis of NaCl (brine).
A strong oxidizing agent, it is an odorless pale yellow to white crystalline solid which is readily soluble in water. Currently, the most important and extensive use of sodium chlorate is in the production of chlorine dioxide which is used as a bleaching agent in the production of bleached pulp for paper. Other uses of sodium chlorate are in the production of chlorates of other metals, in uranium mining, for weed control and as an agricultural herbicide.
Here are some key Finding of the Study:
- The environmental legislation that phased out the use of elemental chlorine as a bleaching agent in the production of bleached pulp has chiefly benefited the sodium chlorate industry.
- The global sodium chlorate market has grown at a CAGR of around 4% during 2009-2016.
- In 2009, the global production volumes of sodium chlorate experienced a decline due to the global financial crisis, the market values, on the other hand, increased in the same period as a result of a net price increase.
- Both volume and values, however, have exhibited continuous growth since 2010.
The report has segmented the global sodium chlorate market on the basis of end-use:
- At present, the pulp and bleaching industry accounts for the majority of the sodium chlorate demand.
- Other applications of sodium chlorate include its usage as an intermediate in the production of the chlorates of other metals; in leather tanning, manufacturing of dyes, bleaching of textiles, in the production of oxygen rescue breathing apparatus, etc.
The report has also provided the market analysis based on key regions:
- Canada currently represents the largest producer followed by the United States, China, Finland and Brazil.
- Analyzing the export data, the report finds that Canada is the world's largest exporter of sodium chlorate.
- Other major exporting countries include China and the United States.
The report has also analyzed the key players:
- Currently, Eka Chemicals is the largest sodium chlorate manufacturer followed by ERCO Worldwide, Canexus, Kemira and China First Chemical Holdings Ltd
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-sodium-chlorate-market-experienced-growth-of-4-cagr-from-2009-to-2016-300457965.html