NEW YORK, May 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Software Licensing and Monetization Market : Software Monetization, Billing, and License Enforcement Blur Boundaries as IoT Reinvigorates Growth and Innovation
This market engineering research service provides revenue forecasts and market share estimates for the global software licensing and monetization (SLM) market. It covers hardware and electronic enforcement form factors and software/SaaS as well as embedded application verticals. The analysis provides detailed numerical forecasts with emphasis on the competitive implications of ongoing disruption and future market needs. The base year used for analysis is 2015 and forecasts span 2016 to 2021. Regional segmentation for NALA, EMEA, and APAC including revenue forecasting is provided. The research service also includes a discussion of market drivers and restraints and a detailed competitive analysis.
Key Findings—Software Licensing and Monetization Market (SLM), 2016
SLM solutions will protect over USD Billion in software and software-powered products by 2022. Embedded software monetization is the fastest growing application of SLM technology.
Industrial automation is the largest embedded segment today. Use is growing in healthcare, automotive, and telecommunications. Lower operating costs and optimized efficiency are major drivers of the "connect to profit" Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm.
Profit margins are growing fastest, and revenue growth is most stable, for companies that are pivoting to a software mindset and offer usage-based pricing options
SLM is a key enabler of this transition. Many ISVs and embedded vendors continue to attempt to build their monetization layers in-house, but total cost of ownership and business agility are higher with a commercial solution.
Companies tend to confuse the lines between business operations orchestration, billing, and software license monetization. Enforcement and back-office automation are critical characteristics of a full SLM solution.
Counterfeiting, piracy, grey manufacturing, data theft, and malware infection remain serious threats for software and software-powered products. Modern SLM solutions are effective at tackling these threats while preserving product quality, reliability, and performance.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they get acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
- What are the current pricing trends in the market, and how are competitors continuing to provide value-priced products?
- What technical trends, including encoding technologies, are shaping the marketplace today? What trends are on the horizon, and what does this mean for future product strategy?
- What regional trends exist in digitization and digital TV, and what does this mean for global growth strategies for vendors?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03820138-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-software-licensing-and-monetization-market-300265497.html