LONDON, Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Global Stevia Market 2013 Report
• An essential guide for anyone wanting to understand the use of stevia on an industrial, commercial or legislative level.
• Includes essential information on global trends and driving factors of the wider sweetener market.
• Tracks industry and commercial developments and opportunities.
• Assesses challenges and provides a realistic future outlook to support your strategic planning.
• Provides a profile of a selection of stevia suppliers, soft drinks companies using stevia and latest product innovations.
Background and report description
With rising prices of sugar and concerns about calories, food and beverage manufacturers are exploring alternative sweeteners for use in their products.
Stevia, a high intensity natural sweetener, offers a sweetening power some 300 times that of table sugar without adding any calories. Stevia has enjoyed a rapid rise in popularity over the past 6 years and, with its versatility as an ingredient, is increasingly becoming the focus of attention for product development.
Zenith's Global Stevia Market 2013 report examines the origins and swift acceptance of this natural zero-calorie sweetener internationally, as it has achieved regulatory approval for use in food and beverages in most key markets.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the stevia industry worldwide, covering North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
What this report covers
• Overview of the wider sweetener market: emergence, driving factors and global trends of natural and artificial high intensity sweeteners. Sweetener comparison.
• In-depth analysis of the global stevia market: emergence of stevia, legislation by region, production and consumption trends, leading suppliers by production, SWOT analysis, challenges facing stevia, key commercial developments by company and forecasts to 2016.
• 25 stevia suppliers' profiles: company overview and details of stevia operations.
• 56 stevia sample soft drink brand profiles: manufacturer, product description, variants, price and packaging, launch date and market.
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
Market data provided in this report:
Wider sweetener market
• Global sugar consumption, 200-2013
• World raw sugar prices, 2004-2013
• Global High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) production, 2003-2012
• Global obesity rates and forecast, 2005-2015
• Overweight rates and forecast in selected countries, 1990-2020
• Global diabetic rates and forecast, 2012-2030
• Global stevia market volume (consumption) and value, 2009-2013
• Stevia market volume by region, 2013e
• Global stevia market volume and value forecasts to 2016