DUBLIN, Apr 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "STM Online Services 2016-2020" report to their offering.
Online Services loom larger in today's scientific, technical and medical publishing market than ever before. Books are in decline and journals face upheaval from the impact of open access policies. STM Online Services represent an exciting market where there is growth, opportunity for development and collaboration. Rely on STM Online Services 2016-2020 to build your strategy in this critical market for this year and beyond.
STM Online Services 2016-2020 provides an overview and financial outlook for the global STM online services market based on specific research and analysis of the leading competitors' performance. Company performance is estimated through 2016.
The overall market is divided into:
- Abstracting & Indexing Services (A&I): secondary publishing services almost entirely delivered via electronic databases, but including a dwindling portion from print, CD-ROM or even microfiche.
- Online Content: stand-alone STM Web sites, electronic databases and online marketplaces that are not based on books, journals or A&I services. Includes standards, patents, training and certification, clinical reference, drug databases, reference management and analytical tools.
The research provides market sizing for A&I and online content in both the scientific and technical and medical segments. These market slices are forecast to 2020.
STM Online Services 2016-2020 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and trends and forecast that include:
- Exclusive analysis of market size and structure - A look at the geographic breakdown of online services sales - Discussion and analysis of the impact of currency movements - A discussion of the market for non-English-language online services - Ranking and analysis of the top ten online services competitors - Tracking merger and acquisition activity
Examples of some of the key trends discussed include:
- The impact of political and economic uncertainty - Consolidation among market leaders - Dynamic publishing the next step in technical evolution - Social Media increases product engagement - Altmetrics go deeper.
STM Online Services 2016-2020 is an essential tool for publishing executives, M&A advisors, market analysts, and industry consultants who need to understand the business strategies driving the STM publishing industry.
Key Topics Covered:
Scope of the Report.
Sources of Information.
Primary And Secondary Research.
Methodology for Projecting/Estimating Results.
Key Facts & Trends.
- Online Content And A&I Services Are the Fastest-Growing STM Activities.
- Thomson Reuters Exits Sector, Sells Web of Science And Patent Businesses.
- The Top 10 Supply 65% of STM Online Services.
- Political And Economic Uncertainty Are Sky High.
- Platforms, Not Stand Alone Products, Have Become the Focus.
- The Next Step is Dynamic Publishing.
- Reference Management Tools And Analytics Are Key to Progress.
Chapter 1: Scientific, Technical & Medical Online Services.
Key Online Services Categories.
- Sci-Tech, Standards And Patent Online Content.
- Training And Certification.
- Clinical Reference.
- Drug Databases.
- Reference Management And Analytical Tools.
- Sci-Tech Abstracting & Indexing Services.
- Medical Abstracting & Indexing Services.
STM Publishing By Geography.
Chapter 2: Leading STM Online Services Publishers.
Leading STM Online Publishers.
- Clarivate Analytics
- Wolters Kluwer.
- Company Overview.
- Recent Company Performance.
- STM Online Publishing Strategy.
- IHS Markit
- Relx Group/Elsevier
- American Chemical Society
- Ebsco Publishing
- Truven Healthcare Analytics - Ibm Watson Health
- Hearst Health Network
Mergers & Acquisitions in the STM Online Services Market.
Chapter 3: Trends & Forecast.
Current Trends in STM Online Services.
- Political And Economic Uncertainty Are at An All-Time High.
- Thomson Reuters Has Completed Exit from STM Online Services Sector.
- Otherwise, the Industry Continues to Consolidate.
- Scientific Powers Dominate STM Online Services Production, Sales Grow in Emerging Markets.
- Stand-Alone Products Have Evolved to Be Part of a Platform.
- Dynamic Publishing is Likely Next Step in Technical Evolution.
- Open Data Mandates Will Put a Premium On Discovery & Integration.
- Social Media Have Grown Engagement of Online Services Products.
- Altmetrics Go Beyond Author Pool to Understand the Larger User Market.
STM Online Services Forecast.
- STM Online Content Forecast.
- STM Abstracting & Indexing Forecast.
- STM Elimination Forecast.
- S&T Online Services.
- Medical Online Services.
- Forecast By Geography.
- Forecast of Leading Publishers.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hjxmhc/stm_online
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-stm-online-services-2016-2020-analysis-of-abstracting--indexing-services-ai--online-content---research-and-markets-300441124.html
SOURCE Research and Markets