DUBLIN, January 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6s57mt/global_submarine) has announced the addition of the "Global Submarine Fiber Cable Market 2015-2019" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
A submarine fiber cable with a high-capacity communication capability is an essential wireline communication medium between two continents, countries, or islands. Most submarine fibers use the optical amplification technology to carry high-speed data traffic across geographies. The length of the submarine fiber cable varies over a distance of few kilometers to more than 35,000 kilometers. Most submarine fiber cable projects take several months or years for completion.
Currently, most submarine fiber cables have a capacity of 10-40 Gbps. However, the adoption of 100 Gbps high-speed submarine fiber cables started only after 2010. Because of their high-speed capacity, the fiber cables carry a huge amount of data traffic every day. Currently, more than 97 percent of global data traffic is carried through submarine fiber cables, with the remaining 3 percent carried through satellite systems.
The analysts forecast the Global Submarine Fiber Cable market to grow at a CAGR of 6.99 percent over the period 2014-2019.
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global Submarine Fiber Cable market for the period 2015-2019. The Global Submarine Fiber Cable market is segmented based on project type, project ownership, and geography. Based on project type, the market is segmented into two: New Projects and Upgradation Projects. Based on project ownership, the market is segmented into three: CSPs and Consortiums, Private Enterprises, and Government and Development Banks.
The report, the Global Submarine Cable Market 2015-2019, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers Africa, Australia/NZ Intercontinental, Europe, SEA, and ME Intercontinental, Latin America, Trans-Atlantic, Trans-Pacific, and Others; it also covers the Global Submarine Fiber Cable market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
One key trend upcoming in this market is the up-gradation of the existing submarine cables and the successful testing of 400G cables. With the increasing data traffic and demand for high-speed broadband, the demand for dark fibers is increasing at a significant rate. Hence, most of the submarine fiber cable owners are upgrading the existing the 10G cables to 100G.
According to the report, one of the main drivers in this market is the increased bandwidth demand. The demand for bandwidth is increasing very rapidly because of the growing consumer data traffic and the increasing requirement of bandwidth for international trading.
Further, the report states that one of the major challenges in this market is the delay in project financing. In recent years, some of the long route submarine fiber cable projects have failed to move beyond the planning stage because of the challenges in project financing.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains a comprehensive market and vendor landscape in addition to a SWOT analysis of the key vendors.
Key Topics Covered:
01. Executive Summary
02. List of Abbreviations
03. Scope of the Report
04. Market Research Methodology
06. Technology and Operation of Submarine Fiber Cable Systems
07. Market Landscape
08. Market Segmentation by Project Type
09. Market Segmentation by Project Ownership
10. Geographical Segmentation
11. Buying Criteria
12. Market Growth Drivers
13. Drivers and their Impact
14. Market Challenges
15. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
16. Market Trends
17. Trends and their Impact
18. Vendor Landscape
19. Key Vendor Analysis
- Alcatel-Lucent Submarine Networks
- Brasil Telecom Celular
- Columbia Ventures
- Ericsson (Lm) Tel-Sp
- Huawei Marine Networks
- Norddeutsche Seekabelwerke
- Reliance Globalcom
- Southern Cross Cables Holdings
- Tata Communications
- Tyco Electronics Subsea Communications
- Xtera Communication
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6s57mt/global_submarine
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets