DUBLIN, March 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Swine Feed Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global swine feed market was worth US$ 114.9 Billion in 2018
Swine feed is made with natural corn, soybean and wheat-based ingredients. It is also fortified with amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals to meet the nutrient requirements of pigs. A variety of pellet and mash swine feeds are available in the market which are formulated to improve performance goals and herd health.
Apart from this, several varieties of swine feed comprise of proteins that are made with all-natural plant sources and natural fungal-based enzymes which aid in the break-down of different components of the feed during digestion. In addition to this, manufacturers are regularly testing new ingredients and feed formulas to produce innovative and efficient swine feed variants. The rising demand for pig meat across the world, currently represents an important factor driving the sales of swine feed.
Global Swine Feed Market Drivers:
The increasing concerns regarding food safety have created a demand for high-quality swine feed to ensure meat safety. Another factor that is stimulating the growth of the swine feed market is the rising awareness about the importance of maintaining a healthy pig diet amongst farm owners. In accordance with this, they are shifting from regular swine feed to functional and premium variants that help in improving the immunity of the animals against enzootic diseases as well as reducing the risk of metabolic disorders, acidosis, injuries and infections.
Furthermore, an increase in the demand for organic pig meat from consumers in the developed nations, along with the introduction of new animal rearing practices and maintenance of high farming standards, has created a positive outlook for the global swine feed market.
On account of these factors, the market value is projected to exceed US$ 149.6 Billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of around 4% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into grower, starter, sow and others. The grower segment currently represents the biggest segment.
- Based on the feed essence, the market has been segmented into vitamins, antioxidants, feed acidifiers, antibiotics, feed enzymes, amino acids and others.
- Based on the feed additive type, the market has been segmented into zootechnical feed additives, sensory feed additives and nutritional feed additives.
- On a geographical front, the market has been categorized into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Asia Pacific is the biggest market for swine feed, accounting for the majority of the global share.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global swine feed market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global swine feed industry?
- What is the breakup of the global swine feed market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the global swine feed market on the basis of feed essence?
- What is the breakup of the global swine feed market on the basis of feed additive type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global swine feed market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global swine feed market?
- What is the structure of the global swine feed market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global swine feed market?
- How is swine feed manufactured?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.3 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Swine Feed Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Product Type
5.4 Market Breakup by Feed Essence
5.5 Market Breakup by Feed Additive Type
5.6 Market Breakup by Region
5.7 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Product Type
7 Market Breakup by Feed Essence
7.3 Feed Acidifiers
7.5 Feed enzymes
7.6 Amino acids
8 Market Breakup by Feed Additive Type
8.1 Zootechnical Feed Additives
8.2 Sensory Feed Additives
8.3 Nutritional Feed Additives
9 Market Breakup by Region
9.1 Asia Pacific
9.3 North America
9.4 Middle East and Africa
9.5 Latin America
10 Global Swine Feed Industry: SWOT Analysis
11 Global Swine Feed Industry: Value Chain Analysis
11.2 Research and Development
11.3 Raw Material Procurement
12 Global Swine Feed Industry: Porters Five Forces Analysis
12.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
12.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
12.4 Degree of Competition
12.5 Threat of New Entrants
12.6 Threat of Substitutes
13 Global Swine Feed Industry: Price Analysis
13.1 Price Indicators
13.2 Price Structure
13.3 Margin Analysis
14 Swine Feed Manufacturing Process
14.1 Product Overview
14.2 Raw Material Requirements
14.3 Manufacturing Process
14.4 Key Success and Risk Factors
15 Competitive Landscape
15.1 Market Structure
15.2 Key Players
15.3 Profiles of Key Players
15.3.1 Chr Hansen
15.3.2 Royal DSM Holdings Limited
15.3.3 Lallemand Inc.
15.3.4 BASF Limited
15.3.5 Novus International Inc.
15.3.6 Kent foods
15.3.7 Archer Daniels Midland Company
15.3.8 Cargill Inc.
15.3.9 ABF Plc.
15.3.10 Alltech Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6mxrqn/global_swine_feed?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets