NEW YORK, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Global UPS Services Market
Increasing Awareness Levels among End Users will Drive the Market
The global uninterruptible power supply (UPS) services market is a mature market with high opportunities for growth over the next five years. The market is witnessing a phase of consolidation, with manufacturers looking for partnerships and alliances outside their geographic region to increase penetration. The service revenues from three-phase UPS systems dominate the overall market, mainly because of the high service costs associated with these systems. The contracts segment is the major source of revenue in the UPS services market. The awareness level among end users is increasing gradually and is the key driver for this segment, which is expected to register a high growth rate over the forecast period.
• The global uninterruptible power supply (UPS) services market is a mature market with still high opportunities for growth over the next X years. In 2012, it registered a revenue of $Xmillion and it is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) (2012–2017) of X%.
• The service revenue from the three-phase UPS system dominates the overall market, accounting for X% of the total revenue in 2012 and registering $X million in revenue. It is also expected to grow at a high CAGR (2012–2017) ofX%. This is mainly because of the high service costs associated with the large three-phase system. The applications are getting bigger in various end-user verticals, such as data centres and the industrial and commercial sectors.
• Contracts form the major revenue contributor in the service-type segment. They accounted for $Xmillion in revenue in 2012, contributing X% of overall revenue. The end-user awareness level is increasing gradually and is the key driver for this segment. It is also expected to register a high CAGR (2012–2017) of X%.
• The market is consolidating, with manufacturers looking for partnerships and alliances outside their geographic regions to increase penetration. They are trying to expand their service networks to maintain close proximity to their end users. Some of the key competitive factors include breadth of service network, close proximity to the end user, customer relationship, turnaround time, price and technology competence.
• North America and Europe are among the more mature markets and contribute the majority of the market revenue. In 2012, revenue from these regions accounted forX% and X%, respectively. End users in these two regions have high awareness levels on UPS servicing and its benefits. However, the high-growth regions are Asia-Pacific and Rest of World. Considering the latter region, Latin America and Middle East are the two growth engines. Asia-Pacific and Rest of World are expected to grow at a CAGR (2012–2017) of X% and X%, respectively.
1. It is crucial at this point to proactively educate customers on the benefits and advantages of service contracts.
2. Developing and maintaining a good relationship with end users will provide the needed competitive edge.
3. Partnerships and alliances among UPS manufacturers are gaining prominence. They will boost service revenue.
4. Close proximity to end users is crucial to increase service revenue. Expansion of the service network is essential.
5. Awareness levels among end users regarding preventive maintenance and remote monitoring are increasing.
The objective of this study is to perform a comprehensive analysis of the global UPS services, validate and forecast the market size from 2010 to 2017 (base year 2012), analyse the market forces—such as drivers and restraints and their impact on revenue and growth rates—discuss the competitive landscape and perform market-share analysis. The study is segmented by:
• Phase Type
• Service Type
Segmentation by Phase Type—Based on the phase type, the global UPS services market is analysed by:
• Single phase
Segmentation by Service Type—Based on the service type, the global UPS services market is analysed by:
• Installation and commissioning
• Time and material
• Others—This includes training, remote monitoring, program software, rental/leasing and professional services, such as assessment, thermo images, harmonic assessment and efficiency improvement
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
What are the key growth drivers and restraints for the market?
How is the revenue system structured? What segments are experiencing growth and what segments are declining?
What companies are the major participants in this market and what are their market shares?
How does the competitive scenario look?
What do the regional revenue and forecasts look like?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total UPS Services Market
o Drivers and Restraints
o Forecast and Trends
o Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. North America Breakdown
5. Europe Breakdown
6. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
7. Rest of World Breakdown
8. The Last Word
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001