The global vaccines market is expected to reach $57.50 billion by 2025 from $33.70 billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 7.9%
The growth of this market is mainly attributed to high prevalence of diseases, increasing government initiatives towards immunization, rising adoption of vaccines, technological advancements in vaccine industry, and strong pipeline for vaccines. In addition, increasing epidemic potentials and growing focus on therapeutic vaccines are expected to offer significant growth opportunities for players operating in the vaccines market.
However, the high costs associated with vaccine development, stringent regulations and a longer timeline for vaccine development, as well as product recalls, are expected to hinder the growth of this market to a certain extent. On the other hand, the new product development cycle for vaccines and need for more training dedicated to vaccinology pose a major challenge for vaccines industry.
In 2017, pneumococcal disease accounted for the largest share of the vaccines market. The large share of this segment is mainly attributed to high prevalence of pneumococcal disease in pediatric, elderly, and immunocompromised populations. In addition, growing number of pneumococcal diseases associated with chronic disease patients is further driving the adoption of the pneumococcal vaccines.
The route of administration is the lane by which a vaccine is brought into contact with the body. Vaccines are administered through Intramuscular (IM), Subcutaneous (SC/SQ), oral, and others (intradermal and nasal). In 2017, the intramuscular accounted for the largest share of the of the global vaccines market. The large share of this segment is mainly due to availability of wide range of vaccines for IM.
Subunit, recombinant, polysaccharide, and conjugate vaccines accounted for the largest share of the global vaccines market in 2017. The large share of this segment is mainly attributed to increasing focus of companies towards recombinant and conjugate vaccines, growing prevalence of diseases, and increasing government initiatives.
An in-depth analysis of the geographical scenario of the industry provides detailed qualitative and quantitative insights about the five major geographies (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa) along with the coverage of major countries in each region.
North America accounted for largest share of vaccines market in 2017. The large share of this segment is mainly attributed to the well established vaccination program in the region, increasing prevalence of diseases, growing adoption of advanced vaccines, and large pool of key players.
The Asia-Pacific vaccines market is expected to grow at a highest CAGR of 8.9%. The growth in the APAC market is mainly attributed to large patient pool, rising prevalence of diseases, growing awareness on vaccination, increasing government initiatives, and expanding presence of key players in this region. In addition, factors such as increasing disposable income and growing awareness about heath in emerging countries are further propelling the demand of vaccines in APAC.
7. Global Vaccines Market, by Route of Administration 7.1. Overview 7.2. Intramuscular (IM) 7.3. Subcutaneous (SC) 7.4. Oral 7.5. Other (Routes of Administration)
8. Global Vaccines Market, by Type/Antigen 8.1. Overview 8.2. Subunit & Conjugate Vaccines 8.3. Inactivated Vaccines 8.4. Live Attenuated Vaccines 8.5. Toxoid Vaccines
9. Global Vaccines Market, by Valence 9.1. Overview 9.2. Multivalent Vaccines 9.3. Monovalent Vaccines
10. Vaccines Market, by Region 10.1. Overview 10.2. North America 10.2.1. U.S. 10.2.2. Canada 10.3. Europe 10.3.1. U.K. 10.3.2. Germany 10.3.3. France 10.3.4. Italy 10.3.5. Spain 10.3.6. Rest of Europe 10.4. Asia Pacific 10.4.1. China 10.4.2. Japan 10.4.3. India 10.4.4. Rest of Asia Pacific 10.5. Latin America 10.6. Middle East & Africa
11. Competitive Landscape 11.1. Overview 11.2. Competition Matrix 11.3. Market Share Analysis 11.3.1. Market Share Analysis, by Company 11.3.2. Market Share Analysis, by Product
12. Company Profiles 12.1. Sanofi Pasteur 12.2. Merck & Co., Inc. 12.3. GlaxoSmithKline Plc 12.4. Pfizer, Inc. 12.5. Johnson & Johnson 12.6. Daiichi Sankyo 12.7. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. 12.8. CSL Limited 12.9. Emergent BioSolutions Inc. 12.10. AstraZeneca