DUBLIN, September 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Wound Care Market by Product, Type, Acute, End User - Global Forecast to 2022" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global wound care market is expected to reach USD 22.01 Billion by 2022 from USD 18.35 Billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 3.7%
The market growth is primarily driven by the rising incidence of diabetes, growth in geriatric population, technological advancements in wound care products, increasing funding for wound care research, and growing awareness about wound management.
The global wound care market is segmented by product, wound type, end user and regions. By product type, the wound care market is segmented into advanced wound management products, surgical wound care products, and traditional wound care products. The advanced wound management products segment is estimated to account for the largest market share of the global wound care market in 2017. Factors driving the growth of this segment include the increasing incidence of diabetes and rising demand for innovative & advanced wound management products.
By wound type, the market is classified into chronic wounds and acute wounds. The chronic wounds segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the global wound care market. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the rising incidence of diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, and other types of chronic wounds.
On the basis of end user, the wound care market is segmented into hospitals and specialty wound care clinics, long-term care facilities, and home healthcare. The hospitals and specialty wound care clinics segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the global wound care market. Increase in the number of chronic wound cases, rising incidence of diabetes, and improving hospital infrastructure in developing countries are some of the major factors driving the growth of this end-user segment.
- Growing Prevalence of Diabetes
- Rapid Growth in the Geriatric Population
- Developments and Innovations in Wound Care Products
- Increasing Funding for Wound Care Research
- Increasing Number of Road Accidents and Trauma Injuries Globally
- Awareness Programs for Wound Care Treatment and Management
- High Cost of Advanced Wound Care Products
- Risk Associated With Wound Care Products
- Increasing Research in the Field of Advanced Wound Care
- Potential Application of Stem Cell Therapy in Wound Care
- Emerging Economies
- Growing Popularity of Active Wound Care Products
- Increasing Number of Acquisitions
- Survival of New Entrants and Small Players
Innovations in Wound Care
- Crab Shell Bandages
- Keratin-Based Wound Management
- Pharmacological Therapies
- Smart Bandages
- 3M Company
- Acelity L.P. Inc.
- Baxter International Inc.
- Coloplast A/S
- Convatec Group PLC
- Derma Sciences, Inc. (Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corporation)
- Ethicon Inc. (Subsidary of Johnson & Johnson)
- Medtronic PLC
- Mlnlycke Health Care AB (A Subsidiary of Investor AB)
- Smith & Nephew PLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pmg5qp/wound_care_market
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets