HILLSIDE, N.J., Aug. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Glowpoint, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board :GLOW ), a global provider of managed services for telepresence and video conferencing, today announced its participation in the Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCIF), a non-profit alliance of worldwide technology leaders working together to deliver open, unified communications (UC) solutions.
Bernard Aboba, chairman of the UCIF, said, "Glowpoint understands the challenges and issues involved with video and rich multimedia application interoperability based on their 'agnostic' approach to networks and equipment. We look forward to benefiting from their valuable experience and insights to enhance and accelerate the usage of unified communications."
UCIF's Threefold Mission
- Engage like-minded fellow organizations committed to deliver consistent and positive user experiences with UC
- Build on existing initiatives and standards to drive developers, vendors, and service providers to deliver and use conforming implementations
- Enable widespread global adoption of truly interoperable unified communications
Glowpoint President and CEO Joe Laezza said, "Glowpoint's mission is to enable a world where all video users are seamlessly connected. UCIF shares this same vision, and I am very excited to work with them in advancing the capabilities of video within the unified communications mix."
Highlights of Glowpoint's Expertise and Experience
- Offers comprehensive, cloud-based infrastructure for customer use
- Manages virtually all telepresence and video conferencing technologies today
- Supports all recognized video standards across high-quality networks
- Possesses more than ten years of innovation in the video conferencing industry
- Holds video patent – with additional patents pending
- Provides service to thousands of existing video conferencing systems in more than 53 countries
- Provides service to Fortune® 500 companies, major broadcasters, small- and medium-sized businesses, as well as global carriers and video equipment manufacturers - and their customers - worldwide
About Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCIF)
The Unified Communications Interoperability Forum is a non-profit alliance of worldwide communications technology leaders working together to realize the potential of unified communications (UC) by increasing efficiency, decreasing implementation costs and improving the interoperability experience for UC customers. To learn more, visit http://www.ucif.org.
Glowpoint, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board :GLOW ) provides carrier-grade, managed telepresence and video communications services that are accessible via its cloud-based hosted infrastructure and open architecture applications. Glowpoint's suite of robust telepresence and video conferencing solutions empowers enterprises to communicate with each other over disparate networks and technology platforms. Glowpoint supports thousands of video communications systems, in more than 35 countries, with its 24/7 video management services. Glowpoint also powers major broadcasters, Fortune 500 companies, as well as global carriers and video equipment manufacturers – and their customers – worldwide. To learn more, visit http://www.glowpoint.com.
SOURCE Glowpoint, Inc.