DETROIT, Feb. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today announced full-year 2017 EBIT-adjusted of $12.8 billion, repeating record 2016 performance. Results were driven by strong performance in North America, improvement in GM International led by strong equity income in China and a return to profitability in South America, sustained growth of GM Financial and an intense focus on costs.
Full-year 2017 records:
- EPS diluted-adjusted of $6.62
- EBIT-adjusted margin of 8.8 percent
- North America EBIT-adjusted margin of 10.7 percent, the third straight year above 10 percent
- GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $1.2 billion, up 50 percent and revenues of $12.2 billion, up $3.2 billion
Fourth-quarter 2017 records:
- EBIT-adjusted of $3.1 billion, up 18.7 percent
- EPS diluted-adjusted of $1.65, up 21.3 percent
- North America EBIT-adjusted of $2.9 billion, up from $2.7 billion
- GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $0.3 billion, up $0.1 billion and revenues of $3.3 billion, up $0.7 billion
For complete details and to see reconciliations of non-GAAP measures to their most directly comparable GAAP measures, click here to download the full press release, or visit the GM Investor Relations website.
(Note: All figures are on a continuing operations basis and comparisons are year-over-year versus CY 2016 or Q4 2016)
Investor analyst conference call
GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra and Executive Vice President and CFO Chuck Stevens will host a conference call for investor analysts at 9 a.m. EST today to discuss fourth-quarter business results. The call will include introductory remarks followed by a question and answer session for analysts. Journalists who wish to listen to the call may dial in using the following numbers:
United States: 1-888-808-8618
Name of Call: GM Earnings Call
General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM) has leadership positions in the world's largest and fastest-growing automotive markets. GM, its subsidiaries and joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety, security and information services, can be found at http://www.gm.com.
SOURCE General Motors Co.