NEW YORK, June 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The first Mac desktop email program exclusively for Gmail users goes on sale Tuesday in Apple's Mac App Store.
"Kiwi for Gmail" offers Mac users Gmail's smart features inside a fast, reliable and feature-filled program faithfully reproducing the Gmail experience. A web browser such as Safari or Chrome is no longer required to read Gmail.
"Kiwi for Gmail" costs $10. Sales begin Tuesday at 12:01am EDT. The website is http://www.KiwiforGmail.com.
"Most email clients are stuck in the 1990s — except for the power and intelligence of Gmail, which is stuck in the browser," said Eric Shashoua, president and CEO of Zive Inc.
Kiwi for Gmail solves three problems:
- Email programs including Apple's Mail limit access to Gmail features and can hog memory.
- To use all Gmail features, Gmail must be used in a browser which can crash or perform slowly, especially when many tabs are open. Users search through tabs to find the one with Gmail inside.
- The reliability and beauty of Mac apps is missing from the Gmail experience.
Kiwi isn't a browser wrap-around for Gmail. Kiwi is a desktop app built for Gmail.
- User experience gracefully integrated with the desktop, like Gmail's apps on iPhone and iPad.
- Gmail's search, labels, shortcuts, filters, stars, labs, priority inbox, important flags and archive.
- Use with Google Calendar, Chat and Hangouts.
- Send huge attachments using Google Drive.
- Up to six Gmail accounts, color-coded to distinguish the accounts. No need to sign into accounts repeatedly.
- Gmail can be the default email client via Kiwi.
- Shortcut to open a Gmail compose window.
- Menubar helper accesses each account.
- Notifications only from important emails.
- "Zen switch" quiets email notifications.
- Gmail's lightning-quick search.
- Gestures navigate Gmail quickly.
- Google Apps for corporate and organizational users.
Integration with other apps via Gmail plug-ins is a top priority for upgrades.
ABOUT ZIVE INC.
Founded by Eric Shashoua and Ryan Shetley, Zive is a New York consumer software company devoted to humanized and friendly design that is beautiful, seamless and simple. Zive's leaders have raised over $14 million for earlier products, creating consumer electronics featured internationally in the Apple Store and at Best Buy. Zive's leaders draw on experience working beside leaders of Apple, Bose and iRobot.
Contact: Douglass Davidoff at Zive, (617) 955-7520
Video - http://youtu.be/3r29xqzfvx0
SOURCE Zive Inc.