AUBURN HILLS, Mich., April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Mopar Remanufactured (Reman) Parts repurposed 5,793 tons of materials in 2013
- More than 14,173 semi-trailers of material kept out of landfills through the Mopar Reman Parts program last year
- Mopar Reman Parts result in a smaller carbon footprint and cleaner air, earth and water resources
- The Mopar Reman Parts portfolio offers 25 different product lines and more than 4,000 part numbers, providing customers with a high-quality, cost-effective option for vehicle repairs
Earth Day is April 22, and you can add asking your vehicle technician for Mopar Remanufactured (Reman) Parts to the list of planet friendly actions that support the worldwide celebration of the annual environmental event. In addition to placing plastic products in the recycling bin or depositing trash in a compost pile, choosing Mopar Reman Parts helps put tons of materials to work that would be otherwise be earmarked for landfills.
Mopar Remanufactured Parts give new meaning to the phrase "environmental movement," offering a second life to automotive parts that would otherwise be discarded. Mopar Reman Parts also are produced with a smaller carbon footprint and result in cleaner air, earth and water resources. The following 2013 statistics illustrate the earth friendly benefits of choosing Mopar Reman Parts:
- The Mopar Reman Parts program puts to work more than 5,793 tons of material that would have been thrown out
- Mopar Reman Parts repurposed 14,173 semi-trailers of material — loads that would have been headed for landfills
- Worldwide, raw materials saved by the remanufacturing industry in a year could fill 155,000 railroad cars, forming a train 1,100 miles long
- Annual energy savings worldwide from the remanufacturing industry equals the electricity generated by five nuclear power plants — or 10,744,000 barrels of crude oil, which corresponds to a fleet of 233 oil tankers
"Mopar Reman Parts are proud to be green," said Kathy Wideman, Head — Mopar Repair and Remanufactured Parts Portfolio. "The Mopar brand is committed to building products that are friendly for the environment, and through the Mopar Reman Parts program, tons of used parts are recycled and fully remanufactured with existing components each year, avoiding much of the energy usage and waste that occurs when manufacturing a completely new part. And in addition to being environmentally friendly, Mopar Reman parts are pocketbook friendly as well, offering quality at an exceptional value, retaining a vehicle's integrity and saving money."
Mopar continued to demonstrate the brand's dedication to caring for the planet in 2013, adding more than 200 part numbers to its growing catalog of more than 4,000 Mopar Remanufactured Parts. The portfolio includes 25 different product lines available as high-quality, cost-effective options for consumers to choose from. Examples include light repair products such as alternators, starters, brake calipers, A/C compressors and electronic control modules, as well as powertrain products like engines, cylinder heads, transaxles and transmissions.
Mopar Reman Parts are priced right without sacrificing quality. Components are completely disassembled and carefully inspected and tested to meet or exceed the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specs. All Mopar Reman Parts also feature the latest OEM upgrades, providing customers the latest technology, redesigned components and module updates at a value competitive in comparison to OEM parts.
When installed at a Chrysler Group dealership or FIAT studio, customers can rest assured that technicians trained to work on their vehicles are installing Mopar Reman Parts engineered and designed specifically to fit their ride, unlike competitive aftermarket reman parts. And for even more peace of mind, most Mopar Reman Parts are backed by the nationally recognized Mopar 12-month/12,000-mile limited warranty, while Mopar Reman powertrain components are supported with a 3-year/100,000-mile limited warranty.
For more information on Mopar Remanufactured Parts, visit www.mopar.com.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked in 1937 with the launch of an antifreeze product but truly made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era. From Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, the brand soon expanded to include technical service and customer support.
Today, Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in more than 130 markets, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as FIAT brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and FIAT vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC