SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Oct. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the world's largest technology provider dedicated to small businesses, today announced the availability of two new features, Email Archiving and Email Encryption, for Office 365 users. The new features, available as add-on services for all GoDaddy Office 365 customers, will make it easier for small business owners to transmit, store and protect valuable data about their business and customers, and simpler for those operating in regulated industries to remain compliant.
"In what is an increasingly connected world, it's never been more important for small businesses to keep valuable data safe," said Irana Wasti, VP of Product, Productivity Applications, GoDaddy. "However, the reality for most small business owners is the day-to-day running of their business keeps them more than occupied. GoDaddy's new Email Encryption and Email Archiving features will give our customers extra peace of mind that both their business and customer data is secure, leaving them free to focus on growing their venture."
GoDaddy Email Encryption:
GoDaddy has partnered with Proofpoint, a leading next-generation cyber security company, to provide GoDaddy Email Encryption, allowing users to send confidential information - such as medical records and legal documents - through email securely by protecting the data as it is "in transit." This ensures only the intended recipient will see the contents of an email, allowing businesses operating in regulated industries to remain compliant and avoid penalties.
"Running a dental practice I need to be HIPAA compliant, GoDaddy email encryption has provided me an affordable and easy to use solution to send patient information through email," said Rayna Hwynn, Buffalo Square Dental.
Key features and benefits include:
- Protect sensitive data and maintain customer trust: Encryption ensures confidential customer data doesn't get into the wrong hands, safeguarding business reputation and customer trust.
- Easy to use: Internal users can compose, read and respond to all encrypted emails through their inbox. External users get a link to a web portal where they can read and respond to the email via a clean, easily navigated interface.
- Simple to administer: GoDaddy's team handles the setup process for users, meaning the service is ready as soon as the mailbox is setup. Organizations can then create filters that automatically identify outbound emails that should be encrypted.
GoDaddy Email Archiving:
Provided through a partnership with Sonian, a public cloud information archiving company, GoDaddy Email Archiving ensures email data and attachments are securely stored in a compliant, highly secure cloud archive. Email Archiving protects critical business information held in emails such as employee records and financials, while maintaining easy access for those who need it. This simplifies processes where historical information is often required, such as HR inquiries and employee onboarding/turnover.
"As an investment advisory firm we are required to have full email archiving for compliance. GoDaddy's solution was affordable and very easy to use," said Joshua Kohn, President/Chief Compliance Officer, Silkworth Capital Partners LLC.
Key features and benefits include:
- Recover emails and attachments: Recover critical email data and attachments, even if they've been inadvertently deleted by employees. Support is provided for over 500 attachment types.
- Stay compliant with industry regulations: Archived content is stored in state-of-the-art, geo-dispersed data centers that meet rigorous compliance and security standards.
- Easily preserve and access email for active and former employees: Secure, tamper-proof storage and continuous access to inactive or deleted mailboxes, so data remains searchable and downloadable even after employees leave.
Email Encryption and Email Archiving services can be added a la carte to a GoDaddy Office 365 account or as part of GoDaddy's new Premium Security Bundle, which includes Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium, Encryption and Archiving together in one, competitively priced package.
More info on Email Encryption can be found here.
More info on Email Archiving can be found here.
GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures. With more than 14 million customers worldwide and more than 63 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
© 2016 GoDaddy Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Source: GoDaddy Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/godaddy-announces-email-encryption-and-email-archiving-features-for-office-365-users-300348072.html
SOURCE GoDaddy Inc.