HONG KONG, Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the world's largest technology provider dedicated to small businesses, today launched in 11 Asian markets, bringing its suite of cloud-based products and expert customer care to millions of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) across the region.
With the launch of 11 new markets, GoDaddy is now in a total of 10 languages and 14 markets across Asia, including: Hong Kong (English and Traditional Chinese), Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia (English and Malay), Philippines (English and Filipino), Singapore (English and Simplified Chinese), South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
"Asia is home to one of the largest, most vibrant small business communities in the world," said GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving. "As Internet growth and smartphone adoption continue to accelerate across the region, it's important that these businesses are able to create strong digital identities that will help them achieve their goals and compete online. GoDaddy is committed to providing the products and services that will enable Asia entrepreneurs to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures."
Small and medium enterprises serve as the economic backbone in Asia. SMEs account for over 97% of all enterprises and employ over half of the workforce across APEC economies1. At the same time, more people in Asia are utilizing the Internet and connected devices to stay informed and make purchases. 72% of people in Hong Kong access the Internet daily and 74% use a smartphone2; 81% of people in Singapore access the Internet and 88% use a smartphone3. Overall, Internet growth across Asia has grown 1,319% between 2000-20154.
The impact of creating an online presence for small businesses can be significant. A RedShift Research survey of 1,000 very small businesses in Hong Kong and Singapore that built websites for their ventures found that 45% saw their business increase by 25% or more.
Localized, Purpose-Built Products
GoDaddy offers a complete suite of cloud-based products in local language and currency to help businesses find the perfect domain name, create a beautiful website, find new customers, and improve business productivity. Specific product highlights include:
- Domains: As the world's largest domain registrar with more than 62 million domains under management, GoDaddy offers the largest top-level domain (TLD) inventory in each of the new Asia markets. GoDaddy's extensive inventory includes country-specific domains for Asia markets (e.g., .sg for Singapore and .tw for Taiwan).
- GoDaddy now offers .cn for China to help facilitate cross-border commerce between China and neighboring markets.
- GoDaddy also offers an aftermarket platform where users can buy and sell domain names.
- Website Hosting: GoDaddy hosts more than 10 million websites across more than 55,000 servers around the world and is hyper-focused on delivering fast, reliable and easy to use Web hosting.
- The company offers a wide range of options, including Managed WordPress Hosting, an optimized platform for customers who require performance and scalability. All of the technical hosting aspects are managed for customers including setup, software updates, network security and daily backups.
- Build Your Website: GoDaddy's presence product offerings help customers get online, get found and get up and running quickly and seamlessly.
- GoDaddy Website Builder provides an intuitive do-it-yourself design tool for building a full-featured website. Website Builder gives customers hundreds of customizable designs to choose from, integrates social media, and allows quick and effortless changes.
- Business Applications: GoDaddy's suite of productivity tools makes the business of business easier for customers—helping them run a smooth ship to build and grow their venture. GoDaddy provides customers with professional email connected to domain names and productivity solutions, enabling them to communicate and collaborate more effectively.
Direct Access to Personalized Customer Care
A dedicated team of customer care experts who understand the needs of small business owners complement GoDaddy products. GoDaddy offers local language customer care and a direct phone number in each of the new Asia markets, enabling customers to get personalized assistance as they create their digital presence.
GoDaddy International Growth
GoDaddy continues to accelerate its international expansion efforts to help small businesses across the world create a strong online presence. Following today's launch in Asia, GoDaddy is now helping small businesses in 53 markets, supporting 26 languages and 44 currencies. GoDaddy has more than 4 million international customers.
GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures. With 14 million customers worldwide and 62 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business. To learn more about the Company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Source: GoDaddy Inc.
SOURCE GoDaddy Inc.