SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., June 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the world's largest technology provider dedicated to shifting the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures, today launched GoDaddy Website Security, a cutting-edge website protection service to keep customers' sites clean and free of malware. Website Security is powered by Sucuri, recently acquired by GoDaddy to further strengthen its security offerings, and provides world-class malware protection. It pairs powerful, comprehensive protection with ease of use.
The level of automation used by hackers in their exploits continues to grow. Networks of infected computers and devices pose a significant challenge to small businesses, with more than four percent of all internet traffic now being described as malicious. Security products need be equally automated and responsive to the changing environment.
"I can't tell you how many times I've heard, 'why would a hacker target me? I'm just a small business,'" said Kevin Doerr, Senior Vice President of Security Products at GoDaddy. "But hackers aren't what you see in the movies – they now build sophisticated tools that hunt for known vulnerabilities on any website. Instead of breaking into one car, this is like a group of robots checking a parking lot of cars for unlocked doors. Websites owned by small businesses are far from impervious to this, although they may not have the preventative resources available to larger companies. We believe enterprise-grade security should be available to everyone, and that's what we're bringing to our customers with GoDaddy Website Security."
Website Security offers continuous monitoring and daily malware scanning to detect any known security holes or issues on a website. If a website is infected by malware, GoDaddy's Website Security guarantees fast response time, malware removal, and blacklist removal. Website Security premium plans add a second layer of protection, including a Web Application Firewall (WAF) that blocks malicious traffic before it gets to the website.
Key features and benefits include:
- Guaranteed malware removal and hack repair: All Website Security products are backed by an army of talented security analysts who will not stop until the sites are 100 percent clean.
- Expedited service for emergency cleanup: Website Security Express provides superfast malware removal service by security experts who will respond and fix the problems within 30 minutes of receiving a cleanup request.
- Continuous security monitoring: Offers proactive protection with daily scans and immediate alerts in case anything unusual is detected – unlimited malware cleanups are also included at no extra charge.
- Google blacklist monitoring and removal: Website Security monitors a number of blacklists such as Google, Norton, and McAfee to ensure your company's reputation is protected. If a site is blacklisted, our security analysts will perform a complete malware and blacklist removal.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) protection: Blocks malware from penetrating websites, and prevents malware reinfection after an attack so your site remains secure and safe.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) accelerator: Global business sites can benefit from CDN to boost site speed and performance to ensure that pages load quickly, no matter where in the world customers are located.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Mitigation: Attacks such as an HTTPS Flood Attack and DNS Amplification DoS Attack can bring down a website by overwhelming it with a flood of automated traffic. Our advanced security monitoring and Web Application Firewall (WAF) prevents these types of attacks before they occur.
GoDaddy's Website Security products are available starting at $6.99 per month.
For more information, visit https://www.godaddy.com/web-security/website-security
GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures. With more than 14 million customers worldwide and more than 63 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
© 2017 GoDaddy Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Source: GoDaddy Inc.