HOUSTON, Jan. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Aegis Interactive, a video game development studio with experience in fan-favorite real-time strategy games, today announced the launch of its first mobile game, Gods of Olympus. The build and battle game, where players fully control massive Greek gods as they rampage through rival ancient empires, is available now as a free download in the iOS app store.
Gods of Olympus allows players to control each of six legendary Greek gods - including favorites like Zeus, Apollo, and Athena - and includes real-time cooperative play, which lets players battle with their friends to defend their alliance or assist attacks in progress, resulting in epic battles with hundreds of units.
Gods of Olympus features:
- Full control of the legendary Greek gods in real-time combat
- Gods with three unique, upgradeable powers each that can be used during battle
- Real-time cooperative play - help an ally defend their city or attack another empire
- Defense from attacks with massive armies and an array of devastating towers
- Instant building, with no wait time - reinvent your city at any time
- Sparring with yourself or alliance members to test their might
- Rewards for both defending well AND attacking well
- Expansion into new areas to create an epic empire
- 9+ rating in the iOS app store
"Widespread adoption of the freemium model has turned mobile gaming into a really great space for experimental developers. In this environment, a game like Gods of Olympus can stand on its own merits, free for all to try," said Mark Doughty, Aegis Interactive co-founder. "We wanted to create a game experience that always felt rewarding. We all had a blast playing Age of Empires together in college and sought to bring that same fun in an accessible mobile game for iOS devices."
For more information, as well as images and video assets, please visit: www.godsofolympus.com.
ABOUT AEGIS INTERACTIVE
Founded in 2014, Aegis Interactive is a Houston-based group of game developers that met while attending Rice University. Its first mobile title, Gods of Olympus, was produced in conjunction with Orb Interactive by a team of real-time strategy veterans. Gods of Olympus is the next evolution of build and battle games, where players can fully control the ancient Greek gods and their powers while battling alongside friends in real-time.
SOURCE Aegis Interactive