SAO PAULO, July 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), (S&P: B, Fitch: B-, Moody's: B3), the largest low-cost and best-fare airline in Latin America announces its preliminary air traffic figures for June 2015. Comparisons refer to June 2014 and 2Q15.
- Domestic supply grew by 3.5% in June, 2.0% in 2Q15 and 2.1% in 2015. The year-over-year increase in 2Q15 reflects the lower supply in 2Q14, when the Company reduced the capacity for the Brazil 2014 Fifa World Cup.
- In June, domestic demand increased by 5.6%, leading to a load factor of 77.2%, representing growth of 1.5 p.p. compared to June 2014.
- Domestic capacity moved up by 2.1% in 1Q15 and fell by 1.6% in March. The LTM figure fell by 1.5% over the previous 12 months.
- The international market increased capacity by 1.3% in this month compared to 2014. Demand, meanwhile, fell by 2.8%, recording a load factor of 66.9%. The Company is adjusting its international network by changing the frequency in currently operating destinations and opening other international bases in order to capture market opportunities in the region.
- In 2Q15, net PRASK fell by 15.4% while yield fell by 17.2% compared to 2Q14, reflecting the slowdown in economic activity in the country and lower volume of corporate passengers.
- On 2Q15, jet fuel (QAV) prices were between R$2.20 and R$2.25 per liter, representing a decrease of approximately 10% compared to 2014. Jet fuel in Reais partially benefited from the decline in international prices of 38.9% in the quarter, but were impacted by the Real's average depreciation of 37.8% in the same period.
The Company will host a conference call regarding its traffic result as follow:
English Portuguese April 27, 2015 April 27, 2015 05:00 p.m. (US EST) 04:30 p.m. (US EST) 06:00 p.m. (Brasilia Time) 05:30 p.m. (Brasilia Time) Phone: +1 (412) 317 6776 Phone: +55 (11) 2188 0155 Code: GOL Code: GOL Webcast: click here Webcast: click here
For further information visit ir.voegol.com.br
CONTACTS INVESTOR RELATIONS Phone: +55 (11) 2128-4700 E-mail: email@example.com
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS Phone: +55 (11) 2128-4183 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A.