SAO PAULO, May 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBovespa: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), (S&P: B, Fitch: B-, Moody's: B3), the largest low-cost and best-fare airline in Latin America announces its preliminary air traffic figures for April 2015. Comparisons refer to April 2014 and 4M14.
- The domestic load factor in April was 79.8%, up 3.0 p.p. year-over-year. For the first four months of 2015, the rate recorded 79.1%, an increase of 2.3 p.p. and in the last 12 months (LTM), the rate was 78.5%, which represents an increase of 4.9 p.p., both compared to the same periods in 2014.
- Domestic demand in April increased by 4.3% year-over-year. From January to April 2015 and in the LTM, domestic demand raise 4.8% and 5.4% respectively, compared to the same periods in 2014.
- The domestic capacity increased by 0.4% in April and 1.7% in 2015. In the LTM, supply dropped 1.1% compared to the same period of 2014. Although the domestic capacity has increased from January to April, GOL reaffirms its zero growth projection for 2015.
- International demand in April grew by 3.8%, leading to a load factor of 70.2%, representing a decline of 0.2 p.p. versus April 2014. For the year, demand increased 16.6% and in the LTM, the expansion was 23.4% compared to the same periods in 2014.
- The number of passengers transported registered 3.3 million in April 2015 and 13.4 million in the year. In the LTM, the Company transported 40.1 million passengers.
Phone: +55 (11) 2128-4183
ABOUT GOL LINHAS AEREAS INTELIGENTES S.A.
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes, the largest low-cost and best-fare airline in Latin America, offers around 910 daily flights to 72 destinations, 16 of which international in South America, the Caribbean and the United States.
SOURCE GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A.