LOS ANGELES, Jan. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- The concept of the American family has evolved significantly since the days when television's "The Cleavers" defined the traditional nuclear family in our society. Today, there is a rapidly emerging diverse group encompassing nearly 60% of American families. This demographic is inclusive, progressive, socially and globally aware, and they are leaders in their communities. goodkin, a premium, lifestyle-focused website for today's "new" traditional, modern family, launches in February at http://www.WeAreGoodkin.com.
Co-founded by Los Angeles-based screenwriter Jennifer Gruskoff and creative director Laura Crawford, goodkin embodies an innovative, stylish, and progressive culture rich with relevant articles, opportunities and ideas for charitable giving, family resources entertainment, and blogs. While editorial and original content forms the site's core, a large percentage of content will be aggregated from the site's visitors. Editors will seed the discussion, encourage content creation, and maintain the quality of the site.
Crawford commented, "If your family does not look like your 'classic' nuclear family (which only 36% of American families today actually do), you are a potential goodkin. goodkin is where the modern family finds a home whether they are gay, single, adoptive, multi-racial or are trendsetters in culture and style. They are tech-savvy, socially aware, inclusive, progressive and community-minded. Furthermore, they understand that service begins at home and the notion of giving is a main staple of their core family values."
goodkin visitors will arrive at the site to:
- Find articles and advertisements where they feel their lifestyle is reflected
- Contribute their stories, adding to the modern anthropology of family
- Become involved in their communities and find inspiration for giving
- Celebrate the modern family and new traditions
- Discover design and decor ideas and lifestyle inspiration
- Find menus - organic, unique recipes
- Find a kinship with like-minded families
- Buy new design-forward products
- Locate resources on family making/building
- Engage their kids in charity, family and style
- Identify community and brands that support their uniqueness
- Participate in sponsored contests
- Have opportunities to win trips, prizes, etc.
Gruskoff, goodkin's editor-in-chief, remarked, "While looking through magazines, or viewing online media, it dawned on me that I was never able to find a true reflection of my own family. While there are outlets serving very specific segments of this audience, there is not an integrated media venue focused on the broader interests and aspirations of the modern family. Thus, goodkin was born."
Gruskoff adds, "By blending style with support, education with community, and insight with original content, goodkin will create an environment where the like-minded can gather, participate, and help make a better life for their families, and a better world for us all. Are you goodkin?"
Bios and photos for Jennifer Gruskoff and Laura Crawford are available upon request.
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.