SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- One of the most exciting developments of AI in 2018 is AutoML (Automated Machine Learning). This technology automates machine learning process and will have profound impact for years to come. In January this year, Google released AutoML Vision, a computer program that built machine learning models automatically on image data. Then in July, Google launched AutoML for machine translation and natural language processing. These products have been adopted by Disney and Urban Outfitters in their practical applications.
Behind AutoML is its engine called Neural Architecture Search, invented by Quoc Le, a pioneer in the AI Field. Quoc Le co-founded Google Brain in 2011, together with Andrew Ng and Jeff Dean. In 2012, Le published the famous "cat" paper that recognized cats based on 10 million images. This paper, along with the later AlexNet paper, started the deep learning revolution. In 2014, Le proposed Sequence to Sequence learning with Ilya Sutskever, which revolutionized machine translation and has become a cornerstone for today's natural language processing systems. In 2015, Le made the MIT Technology Review's list of "Innovators Under 35".
Quoc Le is to speak at AI Frontiers Conference (aifrontiers.com) on November 9 in San Jose, California. This exclusive AI Conference brings together the most influential voices in AI to deliver the latest breakthroughs and trends in AI. Previous speakers include Head of Google AI Jeff Dean and Coursera Chairman Andrew Ng. Speakers this year include Ilya Sutskever, Co-founder and Director of OpenAI (funded by Elon Musk). Sutskever is the co-inventor of AlexNet, AlphaGo and Tensorflow. Other speakers are
- VP of Google AI Jay Yagnik, who leads Google's computer vision and quantum computing effort;
- Facebook research manager Matt Feiszli, who leads Facebook's video research.
- UC Berkeley Professor Pieter Abbeel, who started a robotics company covariant.ai
- Stanford Professor Percy Liang, a leading researcher in natural language understanding.
- iRobot SVP Mario Munich, who leads the household robot company
- Chief AI Officer of Citadel Li Deng,
- Chief Data Officer of Intuit Ashok Srivastava,
- Kai-Fu Lee, CEO of Sinnovation Ventures (former SVP of Microsoft)
At the AI Frontiers Conference, Quoc Le will talk about the engine behind Google's AutoML and a new invention called AutoAugment (automatically augment data).
SOURCE AI Frontiers Conference