SAN FRANCISCO, April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- At a private event today in San Francisco, GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) unveiled the GoPro Developer Program, an effort to support companies wanting to develop a seamless user experience between their products and GoPro products. Quietly operating for more than a year, the GoPro Developer Program has been working closely with a broad spectrum of developers including large multi-national companies as well as smaller, innovative upstarts.
"Over the last few years we've been excited by the creativity and enthusiasm other brands have demonstrated when integrating GoPro into their own solutions," said Nick Woodman, CEO and founder of GoPro. "The GoPro Developer Program is a way for us to celebrate the innovative work of our developer community and more importantly, help enable what comes next. We're grateful to benefit from the collective genius of the participating developers and we're excited to now officially support their efforts with our developer toolkits."
The GoPro Developer Program toolkits enable developers to create seamless user experiences between their products and GoPro products in three primary ways:
- MOBILE APPS: Enables developers to create mobile apps that connect with GoPro cameras. Functionality includes: camera command and control, live video preview, and media management.
- DEVICES: Enables developers to create devices that connect either physically to a GoPro camera via the HEROBus, or wirelessly via Bluetooth® technology or Wi-Fi. Also provides the ability to access numerous GoPro functions including: camera command and control, video management and more.
- MOUNTS / HOUSINGS: Enables developers to create accurate and reliable physical mounting solutions for GoPro devices.
At GoPro's launch event, 34 of the more than 100 participating companies showcased a wide variety of GoPro-compatible implementations, including:
- BMW – M-Laptimer App: A track day data acquisition and analysis suite for the enthusiast driver. Records car telemetry data, speed, location and video from GoPro cameras to provide accurate and informative feedback, and playback of content.
- FISHER-PRICE: Integration of GoPro-compatible, child-friendly camera housing and mounts into a suite of new products including Fisher-Price Jumperoo, Walker and Gym products to help parents celebrate the amazing milestones in their child's early years from a unique perspective.
- TELEFÓNICA – Xtreamr Mobile App: With the simplicity of sharing a link, Xtreamr enables live sharing of multi-dimensional video experiences, as they happen, with the people you care about the most. Make memories and share them live.
- TIMECODE SYSTEMS – SyncBac PRO: Timecode synchronizes GoPro cameras for seamless integration into professional television and film workflows.
"We have been able to achieve so much with the SyncBac PRO due to the amazing sharing of technology offered through the GoPro Developer Program," said Paul Scurrell, CEO of Timecode Systems Limited. "To me, this is exactly what best-of-breed technology companies should be doing – taking the best of their own offerings and combining them to drive innovation and elegant solutions. The end result is a product combination that's greater than the sum of two halves, providing the end user with the best possible solution available."
To gain access to GoPro's developer toolkits, interested companies should visit http://developer.gopro.com/info and apply to join the GoPro Developer Program.
The GoPro Developer Program is launching with a companion program called Works with GoPro, a product verification and brand association program for companies who make products that work with GoPro products. Companies that have completed the Works with GoPro verification can enjoy the benefits of integrated marketing, including the use of the Works with GoPro logo. Consumers can enjoy products with the Works with GoPro logo knowing they are verified by GoPro to work well with GoPro Products.
For more information on the GoPro Developer Program and Works with GoPro, including capsules on a portion of the companies currently enrolled in the program, please visit GoPro's news blog, The Inside Line.
About GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) GoPro, Inc. is transforming the way people visually capture and share their lives. What began as an idea to help athletes self-document themselves engaged in their sport, GoPro has become a standard for how people capture themselves engaged in their interests, whatever they may be. From extreme to mainstream, professional to consumer, GoPro enables the world to capture and share its passion in the form of immersive and engaging content.
GOPRO, HERO, the GoPro Developer Program, Works with GoPro and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by GoPro, Inc. is under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE GoPro, Inc.