WASHINGTON, April 23 /PRNewswire/ --
- Gov 2.0 Expo will gather technology leaders and visionaries from government and industry to share the latest innovations in Cloud Computing and Security, Social Networks and Collaboration, Emerging Technologies, Agile Government, and Open Data and Web Services.
- Co-produced by O'Reilly Media, Inc. and UBM TechWeb, Gov 2.0 Expo will be held in May 25-27, 2010 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
- Under the theme "Participation, Collaboration, and Transformation", the event will provide government employees, contractors and members of the press access to practical tools, in-depth training, and industry contacts needed to transform the 21st century government.
- Select government and industry keynote speakers include:
- Tim Berners-Lee, director, World Wide Web Consortium
- Linda Cureton, chief information officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Dave Girouard, president, Google Enterprise
- Price Floyd, principal deputy assistant secretary of defense for public affairs, U.S. Department of Defense
- Gary Vaynerchuk, partner and co-founder, VaynerMedia
- Randi Levin, chief technology officer, City of Los Angeles
- Tim O'Reilly, founder and chief executive officer, O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Anil Dash, director, Expert Labs
- Alec Ross, senior adviser on innovation, U.S. Department of State
- Todd Park, chief technology officer, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Jack Dangermond, founder and president, ESRI
- Rochelle Klempner, chief counsel, Access to Justice program, New York State Courts
- Michelle Chronister, presidential management fellow, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
- Danah Boyd, researcher, Microsoft Research
- Gov 2.0 Expo sponsors include Adobe, Booz Allen Hamilton, ESRI, Microsoft, Palantir Technologies, Google, EffectiveUI, JackBe, Mark Logic, NIC, OpenText, Sapient, spigit, Smartronix; and premier media partners include Government Executive Media Group, and nextgov.
- Gov 2.0 Expo homepage: http://www.gov2expo.com
- Gov 2.0 Expo full schedule: http://qorv.is/0fb
- YouTube video on "Gov 2.0, The Platform for Change" by Tim O'Reilly: http://qorv.is/1fb
- Become a Gov 2.0 Events Facebook fan: http://qorv.is/2fb
- Follow Gov 2.0 Events for updates via Twitter: http://qorv.is/3fb
- Join the Gov 2.0 Events LinkedIn group: http://qorv.is/4fb
- Join the Gov 2.0 Events GovLoop group: http://qorv.is/5fb
- Sign up for the Gov 2.0 Events Newsletter: http://qorv.is/6fb
- Watch Gov 2.0 Events videos on Blip.tv: http://qorv.is/7fb
Blog for Gov 2.0 Events:
RSS Feed for Gov 2.0 Events:
O'Reilly Media, Inc. spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14 million business and technology professionals actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly.
Gov 2.0 Expo, government, Web 2.0, collaboration, information sharing, cybersecurity, open source, open systems, business intelligence, interoperability, cloud computing, social networking, social media, innovation, leaders, technology, emerging technologies, government IT, O'Reilly, Google, Microsoft, IBM, NASA, GSA, Army, event, tradeshow, Washington, Convention Center
SOURCE Gov 2.0 Expo