HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Edward G. Rendell today signed execution warrants for the following six individuals:
- Lavar Brown, of Philadelphia County, who was convicted of first-degree murder in May 2005. Brown, 33, shot and killed Robert Crawford in December 2003. He is incarcerated at the State Correctional Institution at Graterford. His execution date is scheduled for Wednesday, March 2.
- William H. Housman, 35, for strangling and killing Leslie White in September 2000. Housman, of Cumberland County, was convicted in November 2001. He is a prisoner at SCI Greene and is scheduled to be executed Thursday, Feb. 24.
- Kareem Johnson, 26, of Philadelphia County. Johnson was convicted of first-degree murder in June 2007 for the shooting death of Walter Smith in December 2002. Johnson is held at SCI Graterford. His execution date is scheduled for Tuesday, March 8.
- Milton Montalvo, of York County, for two counts of first-degree murder. Montalvo, age 48, stabbed his estranged common-law wife, Miriam Ascencio, and her friend, Nelson Lugo, to death in April 1998. He was convicted in January 2000. Montalvo is an inmate at SCI Greene. His execution date is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 23.
- Christopher Smith, 29, of Philadelphia County, for the December 2002 shooting death of Rasheed Grant. He was convicted in May 2005. Smith's execution is scheduled for Thursday, March 3. He is a prisoner at SCI Greene.
- Ernest R. Wholaver Jr., 50, for killing his wife and two daughters on Dec. 24, 2002. Wholaver, of Dauphin County, was convicted on three counts of first-degree murder and sentenced to die in August 2004. He is a prisoner at SCI Greene. His execution date is scheduled for Tuesday, March 1.
With the warrants signed today, Governor Rendell has now signed 119 execution warrants during his two terms of office.
Media Contact: Gary Tuma, 717-783-1116
SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor