COLUMBIA, Md., Aug. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Global performance improvement solutions provider GP Strategies Corporation announces the release of a new eBook, Seven Best Practices to Create Micro-learning that Leads to Higher Engagement and Productivity.
Micro-learning is exploding in popularity. The workplace continues to evolve and employees are working less only within the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and more synergistically throughout all hours of the day, often on the fly from mobile devices, away from the office.
Micro-learning is defined as chunking learning material into short, rather than longer, modules or courses. As the learning industry shifts to a "resources, not courses" approach, organizations must remember that creating smaller courses does not necessarily mean valuable content is being delivered. Micro-learning needs to be created as part of a comprehensive learning strategy.
This eBook shares insights on advantages of micro-learning based on the following seven best practices for your learning strategy:
- Best Practice #1: Choose one learning objective per chunk or micro-learning module. Click to Tweet
- Best Practice #2: Design micro-learning as a complete learning experience. Click to Tweet
- Best Practice #3: Use a variety of methods to maintain interest across your micro-learning content and package them into longer, more in depth training. Click to Tweet
- Best Practice #4: Design your micro-learning for adaptability to mobile devices and tablets. Click to Tweet
- Best Practice #5: Repurpose relevant content. Click to Tweet
- Best Practice #6: Optimize the rules and scores, and make it personal. Click to Tweet
- Best Practice #7: Include milestones to highlight the learner's progress. Click to Tweet
With over 50 years of experience improving workplace performance, GP Strategies is a true pioneer in learning and development. The company has compiled this eBook to give readers actionable micro-learning strategies. To download the eBook, visit: http://bit.ly/MicrolearningTips.
About GP Strategies
GP Strategies Corporation is a global performance improvement solutions provider of sales and technical training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies' solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
© 2017 GP Strategies Corporation. All rights reserved. GP Strategies and the GP Strategies logo design are trademarks of GP Strategies Corporation.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gp-strategies-releases-new-ebook-on-micro-learning-300500581.html
SOURCE GP Strategies Corporation