BOSTON, Oct. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Alan and Harriet Lewis, Chairman and Vice Chair of Grand Circle Corporation, today saluted seven companies in the travel industry for partnering with Grand Circle in an effort to create positive social change worldwide. The companies, including airlines, a cruise line, and a fuel company, have in total donated more than $75,000 in cash or in-kind donations in a partnership that will expand the support of Grand Circle in communities and schools in 30 countries.
"The travel industry has a great opportunity to foster positive social change in the world," said Harriet Lewis, who heads up the nonprofit Grand Circle Foundation. "Our travel industry partners are passionate about making a difference, and by teaming up together, we can accomplish so much more than we can by working alone. All of us at Grand Circle are so appreciative of our partners' support and of their commitment to making the world a better place."
Grand Circle salutes the following partners for their generous support:
- Qantas Airlines: For support of schools in Australia and New Zealand; special thanks to Mr. Rohan Garnett and Ms. Sarah Crosby.
- Argos Oil – The Netherlands: Supporting Grand Circle Foundation's school projects worldwide; special thanks to Mr. EvertJan Bulder.
- Jet Airways: In-kind donation to assist schools in India and Nepal; special thanks to Mrs. Lisa Markovic.
- LAN Airlines: To support educational projects in Argentina, Peru, Chile and Ecuador; special thanks to Ms. Paola Penarete.
- Air India: In-kind donation to support rural schools in India; special thanks to Mr. Shiv Kapuria.
- Victoria Cruises: Supporting Grand Circle Foundation's work in China; with special thanks to Mr. James Pi.
- The Joint Venture Partners Delta, KLM, and Air France: In-kind donations to support inner city Boston youth program; special thanks to Mr. Jim Magrath.
"Alone, we're like a single thread, but when you weave our threads together, you can create a tapestry that is pretty spectacular," said Harriet Lewis. "We are honored to partner with such wonderful organizations and people."
Grand Circle's travel industry partners will be recognized at Grand Circle Foundation's annual dinner in April 2011 and in the Foundation's e-newsletter. Together, we are giving back to the world we travel.
About Grand Circle Corporation:
Grand Circle Corporation is the leader in international travel, adventure and discovery, offering more than 75 escorted tours, small group adventures, river cruises and small ship experiences worldwide through its travel brands Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel. Through its non profit Grand Circle Foundation, the company has donated or pledged more than $50 million USD to educational, humanitarian, and cultural organizations worldwide since 1992.
SOURCE Grand Circle Corporation