NEW YORK, July 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Leveraging the strength of its record-breaking WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, Penton will be hosting a two-day event -- the Waste360 Recycling Summit (www.waste360recyclingsummit.com) -- to examine critical issues surrounding recycling and sustainability. The Summit, produced in partnership with the National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA), will take place September 9-11, 2015, at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago. The Summit will convene industry thought leaders, practitioners, customers and manufacturers to discuss the industry challenges and opportunities.
Targeted to managers of local recycling systems, processors, environmental organization executives, investors, consultants, public and private recycling service providers, waste haulers and consumers of recyclables, along with policy makers from the local, state and federal level, the Waste360 Recycling Summit will offer:
- Conference Program:
- Two tracks of more than 15 NWRA educational sessions covering a wide range of issues, including single stream recycling, organics, the economics of recycling and more.
- Keynote speaker Mathy Stanislaus, Assistant Administrator – Solid Waste, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, will discuss EPA updates that impact the recycling industry, including Sustainable Materials Management.
- The "Customer Sustainability Panel" will bring together leading companies, including Mars, Incorporated, Starbucks Coffee Company and the City of Chicago to discuss how to create successful sustainability programs.
- Exhibit Hall: Will feature more than 50 exhibitors, including Republic Services, WasteQuip and Machinex, showcasing innovative industry solutions.
- Awards: NWRA's prestigious Recycling Awards will be presented to individuals and programs that exemplify excellence in the recycling industry.
- Networking: The opportunity to meet and interact with business decision-makers.
"Our goal with this event was to match the best and brightest in the recycling industry with major generators of waste to identify and solve problems in the industry," Warren Bimblick, group president of Penton. "From learning about the latest technologies to educating consumers, there's not a moment to waste in this two-day summit."
"Penton Waste360 and NWRA are leaders in creating compelling and relevant events that provide true value to attendees, and we are pleased we have expanded our relationship to bring this timely Summit to the recycling industry," said Sheila R. Alkire, director of education for NWRA. "Together we have created a robust conference program that will enable attendees to gain insights and practical takeaways from industry thought-leaders."
The National Waste & Recycling Association is the leading organization providing leadership, advocacy, research, education and safety expertise for the waste and recycling industries. NWRA advocates at the Federal, State and Local levels on all issues of importance to our member companies as they provide safe, economically sustainable and environmentally sound services to communities in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. For more information about how innovation in the waste and recycling industry is helping solve today's environmental challenges, visit: www.wasterecycling.org.
About Penton's Waste360 Group
Penton's Waste360 Group harnesses the power of its many properties to serve the solid waste and recycling industry. The industry widely consumes this content in the form of websites, live events, online learning and digital opportunities and more and includes: Waste360.com, WasteExpo, The Global Waste Management Symposium, The Healthcare Waste Conference, the Waste360 Recycling Summit, and topical and timely e-newsletters. For more information, visit www.waste360.com.
Penton drives performance for more than eighteen million professionals each and every day. They rely on us to deliver: Insights, information, data & workflow tools to inform critical business decisions; networking & community to engage them with industry peers & partners; and marketing services to advance their business performance & deliver ROI.
Penton is a growth company with a track-record of strong performance and success and is backed by its co-owners: MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.
Horn Group for Penton
Marketing Director, Waste360 Recycling Summit
National Waste & Recycling Association
SOURCE Penton; Waste360 Recycling Summit