CHICAGO, April 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Grubhub, the nation's leading takeout marketplace, and Tinder, the world's most popular app for meeting new people, teamed up to uncover the dining preferences of today's singles.
Results from a nationwide poll conducted by the two companies showed a significant divergence from longstanding dating stereotypes, as a new generation dominates the dating scene.
The poll of Tinder users found the following insights:
- Today's singles embrace their hearty appetites.
Q: Which dish do you prefer on a first date?
A: 62 percent of respondents prefer a heartier dish, whereas 38 percent prefer a lighter meal.
- You don't have to offer to pick up the bill to make the step to a second date.
Q: Would not offering to pay be a deal-breaker?
A: Only 36 percent of respondents would rule out a second date if the other person didn't offer to pay and 64 percent said it would not be an issue.
- Grubhub and chill make for the ideal third date.
Q: It's your third date. What do you do?
A: 60 percent of respondents prefer to order in for a casual night in, whereas the remaining 40 percent prefer to dine out.
- What's mine is yours.
Q: Your date keeps stealing food off your plate. What do you do?
A: 'Scowl,' according to 31 percent of respondents in comparison to 69 percent of respondents who answered 'share.'
- Unless you can use chopsticks, don't bother with sushi.
Q: Your date uses a fork for sushi. What do you think?
A: 56 percent of respondents thought, 'it's cringe-worthy!' and the remaining 44 percent thought 'it's adorable' to forgo the chopsticks.
"Partnering with Tinder allowed us to tap into the food-related dating preferences and practices of today's singles," said Barbara Martin Coppola, chief marketing officer of Grubhub. "We're thrilled to be part of the new dating experience and it is heartwarming to see that Grubhub can play a role in the love story of couples nationwide, as people get to know a new partner over their favorite local cuisine, from the comfort of home."
The poll surveyed more than 2,000 people across the U.S. via the Tinder app. Participants were surveyed on their food-related dating preferences. By choosing answers through Tinder's signature 'swipe left' and 'swipe right,' these participants allowed Grubhub and Tinder to draw five key conclusions about the etiquette of food during the first three dates.
"Most first dates involve food, so partnering with Grubhub to learn more about how eating preferences affect compatibility was a perfect fit for us," said Rosette Pambakian, vice president, global communications and brand of Tinder. "The findings are interesting and highlight the important role food plays in dating."
To receive $7 off your first order of $15 or more, visit tinder.grubhub.com. If you are interested in becoming part of the Grubhub Delivery team, please visit driver.grubhub.com. To find out how your restaurant can join Grubhub, check out get.grubhub.com. To learn more about Grubhub and its portfolio of brands, please visit newsroom.grubhub.com.
Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB) is the nation's leading online and mobile takeout food-ordering marketplace with the most comprehensive network of restaurant partners and largest active diner base. Dedicated to moving eating forward and connecting diners with the food they love from their favorite local restaurants, the company's platforms and services strive to elevate food ordering through innovative restaurant technology, easy-to-use platforms and an improved delivery experience. Grubhub is proud to work with more than 50,000 restaurant partners in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, MenuPages, LAbite, Restaurants on the Run, DiningIn and Delivered Dish.
Launched in 2012, Tinder is the world's leading social app for meeting new people. With its global reach, people in all 196 countries around the world are swiping right to connect with others, making it a top 10 lifestyle app in more than 110 countries. In 2015, the company introduced Tinder Plus, giving users access to premium features, Rewind and Passport. Each day, 26 million matches are made on Tinder with more than 10 billion matches made to date.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/grubhub-and-tinder-reveal-the-impact-of-food-on-todays-dating-etiquette-300434080.html