- LALA reached an 8.9% increase in Net Sales closing at 12,903 million pesos.
- Margin EBITDA expansion of 50bps, closing at 14.6%.
- Net Income of 1,101 million pesos for the quarter, reaching a 10.1% increase year on year.
- Grupo LALA has entered into an agreement to acquire the branded business of Laguna Dairy Company in the United States.
- Grupo LALA has signed a strategic agreement with the Costa Rican company Florida Bebidas, S.A., for the production, distribution and sale of LALA® products in Costa Rica.
MEXICO CITY, July 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo LALA, S.A.B. de C.V., a Mexican Company focused on healthy and nutritious foods, ("LALA") (BMV: LALAB), today reported results for the second quarter 2016. The following information has been presented based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and in nominal terms.
The following chart provides an abridged Income Statement, in millions of pesos. The margin for each figure represents its ratio to net sales and the percentage change from the quarter ended June 30, 2016, as compared with the same period in 2015:
2nd. Q ´15
2nd. Q ´16
(1) EBITDA is defined as operating income before depreciation and amortization.
(2) Net Income refers to Consolidated Net Income.
Message from Management Scot Rank, Grupo LALA´s CEO: "During the first half of 2016, our focus on the four strategic priorities, allowed us to achieve important accomplishments, highlighting: a solid top-line growth, the agreement to acquire the branded business of Laguna Dairy to enter the US market and the strategic agreement with Florida Bebidas Company for the production, distribution and sell of LALA® products in Costa Rica".
About LALA Grupo LALA, a Mexican company focused on healthy and nutritious food, has over 65 years of experience in producing, revitalizing and marketing milk, dairy products and drinks with the highest quality standards. There are 22 LALA production plants in operation and 166 distribution centers in Mexico and Central America, and it has more than 33,000 team members. LALA operates a fleet of more than 7,500 vehicles to distribute their 600+ products, which are delivered to over 550,000 points of sale. LALA´s portfolio it´s led by its two flagship brands LALA® and Nutri Leche®.