TAMPA, Fla., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- GTE Financial, the first credit union in the Tampa Bay region to offer Telehealth, provides enrolled members and employees 24/7/365 access to medical consultation.
"We have a lot of members who are on the go, and do not have the time to visit a doctor's office. With Telehealth, we're confident that members and their families will benefit because of the convenience it offers at an affordable cost," says Joe Brancucci, president and CEO of GTE Financial. "We're pleased to be the first credit union in our region to offer Telehealth, and consider it a part of our commitment to better service and supporting ways for our members to stay healthy and well."
To use the GTE Telehealth program, a service provided by MDLIVE, enrollees simply make a phone call and a physician will return the call or initiate a video conference within 30 minutes. If a diagnosis can be made, the doctor can then prescribe certain medications by phoning the patient's local pharmacy. There is also a Telehealth app available for iPhone and Android so Telehealth can be accessed on most mobile devices with an Internet connection.
Additional components of Telehealth include:
- The cost to GTE members is $14.95 a month for individuals, and $19.95 for an individual and up to five dependents. Calls are unlimited.
- There are no co-pays or deductibles, and prescription costs are eligible for coverage by the enrollee's current prescription provider.
- Consulting physicians are board-certified and licensed, and can diagnose conditions and prescribe medications in nearly 70 percent of cases, such as the cold or flu, sinus infections, pink eye and bronchitis.
- The service is available 24/7/365.
- The app allows for convenient, almost anywhere access.
- Information is sent to the patient's primary care physician.
More information on GTE Financial and their Telehealth service can be found at www.gtefinancial.org/telehealth.
About GTE Financial:
GTE Financial is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with more than $1.7 billion in assets and 22 Community Financial Centers located throughout West Central Florida. Chartered in 1935, GTE Financial is locally owned and operated in the Tampa Bay area, serving more than 234,000 individuals and businesses. More information on GTE Financial can be found at www.gtefinancial.org.
RFB Communications Group
SOURCE GTE Financial