RESTON, Va., May 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology and payment services solutions for government, today announced the release of Offender Management System (OMS) version 5.4.
Routine updates to OMS have been a tradition since the inception of this industry-leading facility management software nearly three decades ago. GTL's latest version of OMS now incorporates further advancements in technology, new industry best practices, and customer requests. It also includes new forward-looking features and functionality initiated by the company's Product Management team.
"This latest release of OMS includes 192 enhancements touching 32 OMS modules," said John Lowry, Senior Product Manager, Product Management at GTL. "It represents a lot of hard work by GTL's Development team and great feedback from our users, which is how this jail management system remains the best in the market. We are proud of this recent upgrade and all the enhancements and features it provides to both current and potential users."
In addition to general improvements such as system performance optimization and new reports, OMS version 5.4 includes 125 user stories, which are specific enhancements in support of 10 "Epics" or major features. The new upgrade includes more than 50 updates that address requests submitted by our users.
OMS version 5.4 enhancements include:
- Accounting – enhanced bank account reconciliation to OMS
- Assessments – added validations to required signatures
- Booking – incorporated ANSI-NIST best practices in how scars, marks, and tattoos are recorded
- Classification – refined security profiles to allow more granular access to information
- Commissary – enhanced restrictions to allow more agency flexibility during system configuration
- Movement – enhanced the inmate transfer functionality to ease transfer of inmates from one facility location to another
- Programs – added file attachment capability to the summary page
- Scheduling – enhanced the inmate calendar so that more information can be added with appointments
- Security Administration – added workstation-level security features
- Visitation – added functionality for managing visitation (number of visits and duration) at the inmate level
- Integration – customized the notification service to send an email when interface transactions are not completed within set timeframes
- Interfaces – added a daily export of all mug shot images
These upgraded OMS features and more are available immediately to GTL customers who upgrade to version 5.4, and they will be on display at the 2017 GTL User Group Training Conference, September 19 to 21, 2017, in Orlando, Florida.
To learn more about OMS or for a product demonstration, contact GTL today.
GTL leads the fields of correctional technology and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and ease of operation for its customers. As a trusted industry leader, GTL provides services to 32 state departments of corrections, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and 73 of the 100 largest city/county facilities, including 39 of the top 50, which comprise 1.9 million inmates nationwide. To learn more about GTL, please visit www.gtl.net or our social media sites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Press Contact: Vinnie Mascarenhas
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gtl-releases-offender-management-system-version-54-300465339.html