HOUSTON, Aug. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With a world class fleet of owner operators, who are highly adaptive to mobile technology, Gulf Winds, the largest intermodal drayage carrier in the Gulf region, has spent the last 24 months developing a customized mobile driver application.
Gulf Winds developed gwiMove which provides owner operators real time access to improve productivity and visibility to their daily workflow using mobile devices.
Starting with the question, "How do we minimize the most common pain points for the owner operator in our industry while increasing visibility and communication to our clients?" GWI set out to create a solution vs. another mobile application.
- Real Time: Arrival and Departure events
- Increased Efficiencies: Drivers can review pre-assigned loads and get dispatches instantly
- Paperless Documentation: Instant Access to Proof of Deliveries, Bill of Ladings, and Interchanges
- Equipment Visibility: Real Time visibility to loaded or empty equipment
- Pay Information: Review pay settlements in real time
- Maintenance Reports: Submit reports and receive updates electronically
- Messaging: Allows drivers to communicate with Gulf Winds quickly
While easy-to-use technology is a major benefit in efficiency and productivity, owner operators are only able to use when the vehicle is not moving. This reinforces Gulf Winds' culture of "Safety First. No exemptions."
"We believe by putting our drivers first and attacking the issues that make their jobs difficult, we will only further reduce our driver turnover rates, which are the lowest in the industry," said B.J. Tarver, Chief Operating Officer at Gulf Winds. "The application furthers our investment in our owner operators, to become one of the easiest companies to do business with."
Gulf Winds will continue to make enhancements to gwiMove by developing leading proprietary technologies for the intermodal drayage industry.
SOURCE Gulf Winds International, Inc.