TEGA CAY, S.C., March 14, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Longtime Tega Cay resident and business professional Gus Matchunis is taking his 2018 campaign for Tega Cay City Council directly to the electorate and announcing his Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Gus.
- Gus knows our community; he is your neighbor. Lake Wylie's Tega Cay peninsula has been Gus's home for 20 years. He currently lives in New Tega Cay on the lake's east side, near the areas most likely to be annexed and developed.
- Perpetuating "The Good Life" in Tega Cay is important to Gus, his wife and his five children.
- Gus has watched Tega Cay grow. Balancing current and future growth is the cornerstone of Gus's campaign.
- The growth of population and geography of the city now means it is time for a larger, more diverse City Council. Gus will propose expanding the Council to six members plus the mayor from the current four members plus the mayor. He will also propose districts to guarantee representation for Lake Ridge, Serenity Point and surrounding areas, Lakeshore, and Historic Tega Cay.
- As a successful automobile dealership service director, Gus is a problem solver, careful planner and good listener. He will apply his 30 years of business experience to the issues that confront Tega Cay.
- Clean water – for drinking and recreation – is paramount. Help Gus to protect our lake, now and for the future!
- Tega Cay residents can be proud of our community's current budget surplus and triple-A bond rating. Gus stands for affordable and appropriate infrastructure to support commercial, residential and civic growth and accompanying traffic flows.
- Gus is not a politician, unless you count his campaign for Beta Club officer as a high school junior. He brings fresh perspective to the responsibility of city council representative.
- Gus's campaign is self-funded, and he will not accept contributions from developers or other special interests.
- What you see is what you get with Gus. His only agenda is to do what's best for Tega Cay and its 11,000 residents.
The 2018 City of Tega Cay General Election is set for March 20th. Residents will cast ballots for one City Council Member. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET. Visit www.scvotes.org to find your voting precinct location.
On March 20th make your voice heard and #VOTEFORGUS. A vote for Gus is a vote for us!
SOURCE Gus Matchunis