WABAN, Mass., June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Temkin Group announces the release of the 2017 Temkin Trust Ratings. Based on a study of 10,000 U.S consumers, the ratings benchmark the level of trust that consumers have with 329 companies across 20 industries. H-E-B and Mercedes-Benz tied for the tops spots, followed closely by USAA (for banking and insurance), and Navy Federal Credit Union.
Three TV/Internet service providers earned the lowest Temkin Trust Ratings: Time Warner Cable, Comcast, and Cox Communications. Eleven of the bottom 12 companies are either TV/Internet service providers or health plans.
"It's disappointing to see how TV/Internet service providers and health plans have let down customers so regularly that they've fostered an environment of deep mistrust," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
Highlights of the 2017 Temkin Trust Ratings include:
- The supermarket industry earned the highest average Temkin Trust Ratings (68%), followed by auto dealers (66%), and investment firms (65%).
- TV/Internet services (36%) fell far below any other industries. The next lowest industries are health plans (50%), and wireless (53%).
- The following companies outperformed their industry averages by 15 points or more: USAA (banks, credit cards, and insurance), Navy Federal Credit Union, Advantage Rent-A-Car, ACE Rent A Car, Mercedes-Benz, and credit unions.
- The following companies fell at least 15 points below their industry averages: Airbnb, RadioShack, Days Inn, Commonwealth Edison, Wells Fargo, and Kmart.
- All 19 industries that were in both the 2016 and 2017 Temkin Trust Ratings made improvements over last year. The largest improvements were in utilities (+16 points) and auto dealers (+14 points).
- Of the 280 companies in the 2016 and 2017 Temkin Trust Ratings, 98% of companies increased in score. Fujitsu, HSBC, Dollar, Advantage Rent-A-Car, Haier, Volkswagen, Subaru, and Dominion Virginia Power all increased by at least 25 points.
- Allstate, Taco Bell, Time Warner Cable, Avis, JCPenney, and Wells Fargo are the only companies who did not see an increase in their ratings.
In its seventh year of publication, the 2017 Temkin Trust Ratings examines the likelihood of consumers to forgive companies after they make a mistake. It evaluates 329 companies across 20 industries: Computers & Tablets, Insurance, Investments, Credit Cards, Health Plans, TV/Internet Service, Streaming Media, Wireless, Airlines, Hotels & Rooms, Retailers, Fast Food, Rental Cars & Transport, Supermarkets, Parcel Delivery, TV & Appliances, Auto Dealers, Software Firms, and Utilities.
The 2017 Temkin Trust Ratings along with other ratings can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, www.TemkinRatings.com.
Detailed results and datasets for the 2017 Temkin Trust Ratings can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com as well as from the Temkin Group website, www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Ratings: Temkin Ratings is a product of Temkin Group that amplifies the voice of consumers by making their feedback widely available and comparable across companies and industries. It's a collection of different benchmark metrics that provide key insights into how large organizations treat their customers. Temkin Ratings evaluates organizations based on feedback collected from a large-scale online survey of consumers, with quotas set to closely match the U.S. Census data for age groups, income levels, gender, geographic region, and ethnicity. Temkin Ratings include, Temkin Experience Ratings, Temkin Forgiveness Ratings, Temkin Trust Ratings, Temkin Customer Service Ratings, and Temkin Online Ratings.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/h-e-b-and-mercedes-benz-are-the-most-trusted-companies-according-to-new-temkin-group-research-300470069.html
SOURCE Temkin Group