OAKLAND, Calif., March 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Taking inspiration from its original artisan roots, the Häagen-Dazs brand is excited to debut the new Häagen-Dazs Artisan Collection. The Häagen-Dazs brand has collaborated closely with notable culinary artisans from around the country to introduce this line of six indulgent ice cream flavors. The new flavors, available for a limited time, remain true to the taste of the artisans' original creations and include Tres Leches Brigadeiro, Banana Rum Jam, Chocolate Caramelized Oat, Spiced Pecan Turtle, Ginger Molasses Cookie, and Applewood Smoked Caramel Almond ice creams.
"To develop the Artisan Collection, we evaluated more than a hundred high-quality, culinary products," shared Kerry Hopkins, Häagen-Dazs Brand Manager. "After months of vetting, we identified and worked hand-in-hand with six artisans to co-create our new flavors that infuse the taste of the artisans' original creations with the rich, premium ingredients of Häagen-Dazs ice cream," says Hopkins. "Being a brand that was founded in 1960 by Reuben Mattus—by some considered the original ice cream artisan—it was imperative that we team up with artisans who embody the Häagen-Dazs brand philosophy of craftsmanship and using the finest ingredients."
The new Häagen-Dazs Artisan Collection includes six delicious ice cream flavors with rich and velvety textures that let the artisan inspired ingredients shine:
- Tres Leches Brigadeiro: Based in New York City, Paula Barbosa of My Sweet Brigadeiro™ teamed up with the Häagen-Dazs brand to deconstruct her Happy Couple™ brigadeiro—a modern spin on a traditional, celebratory sweet from her native Brazil—to make a decadent sauce and swirl it into creamy tres leches ice cream.
- Banana Rum Jam: After a cold winter in Brooklyn, New York, friends Sabrina Valle and Jessica Quon of The Jam Stand® were determined to create a homemade jam, despite many fresh fruits being out-of-season. After some experimentation, they prepared their first jam called Drunken Monkey™, a new play on the classic Bananas Foster. Inspired by their homemade classic, Banana Rum Jam ingredients are swirled into a decadent vanilla bean ice cream.
- Chocolate Caramelized Oat: Claire Keane of Clairesquares® in San Francisco has been crafting delicious flapjacks—a traditional Irish treat of caramelized, buttery oat bars drizzled in chocolate—from her own recipe since she was twelve years old. Inspired by her Irish treats, the Häagen-Dazs brand took chocolate caramelized oat clusters and blended them into a rich caramel ice cream.
- Spiced Pecan Turtle: Offering an international twist on classic chocolate turtles, Christopher Elbow of Christopher Elbow Artisanal Chocolate™ in Kansas City, Missouri, co-created this new artisanal flavor to include roasted pecans with cinnamon and chilies and swirls of caramel sauce with rich chocolate ice cream.
- Ginger Molasses Cookie: Taking on an American classic, Anna Gordon of The Good Batch® in Brooklyn, New York, worked with the Häagen-Dazs brand to craft a vanilla cinnamon ice cream infused with the sweet, warm flavors of her soft-baked ginger molasses cookies.
- Applewood Smoked Caramel Almond: Striking the perfect balance between sweet and savory, Cruz Caudillo of Praline Patisserie® in San Diego, California, worked with the Häagen-Dazs brand to create swirls of smoked applewood caramel sauce combined with roasted, salted almonds into a sweet cream ice cream.
Häagen-Dazs Artisan Collection ice cream is hitting shelves now and can be purchased at retailers nationwide by April 2015. All flavors are available in 14 oz. cartons at a suggested retail price of $5.29, and Tres Leches Brigadeiro is also available in a 3.6 oz. cup at a suggested retail price of $1.49. Additionally, people can enjoy a complimentary scoop of the Artisan Collection ice cream during annual free cone day at select Häagen-Dazs Shops nationwide, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 12.
Visit www.haagendazs.us for more information on the Häagen-Dazs Artisan Collection. You may also visit haagendazs.us/shops/, www.facebook.com/HaagenDazsUS, www.twitter.com/HaagenDazs_US, www.pinterest.com/haagendazs or watch us on YouTube at www.youtube.com/HaagenDazsUS.
Crafted in 1960 by Reuben Mattus in his family's dairy, Häagen-Dazs ice cream is the original super premium ice cream. True to tradition, we are committed to using only the purest ingredients in crafting the world's finest ice cream. Truly made like no other®, today Häagen-Dazs ice cream offers a full range of products from ice cream and gelato to sorbet, frozen yogurt and frozen snacks in more than 65 flavors. Häagen-Dazs products are available around the globe for ice cream lovers to enjoy. For more information, please visit www.haagendazs.us.
Named one of "The World's Most Admired Food Companies" in Fortune magazine for eighteen consecutive years, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with Lean Cuisine® to baking traditions with Nestlé® Toll House®, Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverages that make good living possible. That's what "Nestlé. Good Food, Good Life" is all about. Nestlé USA, with 2014 sales of $9.7 billion, is part of Nestlé S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world's largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2014 sales of $100 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or Facebook.com/NestleUSA.
The Häagen-Dazs trademark is licensed to Nestlé by General Mills.