SEATTLE, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Indie developer 4gency announced today that the upcoming orbital strategy game for Xbox One, PC, Mac and Linux, Habitat: A Thousand Generations in Orbit, has successfully reached its first funding goal through Kickstarter. With the initial $50,000 achieved, stretch goals have now been unlocked to secure integration of new features, including new gameplay modes and multiplayer battles. For more information about Habitat: A Thousand Generations in Orbit and to back this project, please visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4gency/habitat-a-thousand-generations-in-orbit
"We are thrilled to have reached our initial funding goal and to now unveil the stretch goals for Habitat", said Charles Cox, Founder of 4gency. "The stretch goals are features that we've put a great deal of consideration into, as we want to make the best game possible and give the community an experience they'll love. We are very excited about the future of Habitat and can't wait to take this game to the next level."
Kickstarter Stretch Goals:
- $70K: Individual Tech Trees for Citizens and Engineers - Upgrade the world of Habitat even more with genetic and technology upgrades for your denizens
- $85K: Programmable AI Habitats - Automate habitats using a powerful and easy to use visual editor to make habitats scout and explore, track threats, auto-build and fight enemies
- $100K: Rocket Arena - Battle against 3 other friends on the same machine in a timed race to construct and destroy using a shared field of debris
- $115K: Mod Support - Script, skin, and share your own creations
- $125K: Tower Defense Mode - Send and control waves of Habitats to try and take out an enemy stronghold
- $150K: Dungeon Master Multiplayer - One player becomes the almighty dungeon master with control over events and anomalies on the map while another player tries to finish their objective
Set in the far future, Habitat: A Thousand Generations in Orbit is a space fan's playground. Players must lead a team of engineers to gather debris floating in the vast wasteland of human and alien junk orbiting Earth to build and manage their own space stations, including the human residents residing within. But managing resources to maintain a healthy and happy extra-Earthly economy is only a part of Habitat, as players must also find ways to fend off enemies. To aid in this, Habitat introduces a new kind of combat using space debris as kinetic weaponry, which takes advantage of zero-gravity space conditions to defend habitats against enemies. Habitats can be destroyed in a matter of seconds, triggering massive chain reactions, so players must make some tough decisions to survive.
4gency is an indie game studio based in Seattle, Washington. Founded by Charles Cox, a ten-year veteran of the video game industry, 4gency brings experience from Zipper Interactive, Microsoft Game Studios, Amazon, Big Fish Games, Sierra Studios and Pipeworks. Habitat is the team's first Kickstarter funded game. For more information on 4gency visit: http://4gency.com
To download the Habitat press kit visit: https://www.hightail.com/download/elNJZUNtRStVbTg4RmNUQw
View the New Gameplay Trailer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-dvc_vfZgM