LONDON, May 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Time Out London Launches Deals Platform
Time Out London, today announces its entry into the group-buying phenomenon, led by sites such as Groupon and Livingsocial, with a deals offer focusing uniquely on the Time Out audience.
For over 40 years Time Out has provided inspirational advice on the world's leading cities; this puts the brand in a uniquely trusted position, able to offer not only bespoke deals and discounts, but also exclusively tailored experiences through its new deals platform.
Time Out's specific audience is culturally-savvy, value-focused and hungry for things to do in London; in a direct response to audience preferences and buying patterns, each deal offered will not only give the audience significant discounts, they will be tailored to delivering the things they are most interested in.
Deals already secured and due to be offered over the next month include today's deal; an Off West End voucher offering Time Out's audience up to 70% off any production in one of a choice of 23 theatres over the summer; and other exclusive offers such as a 69% off a behind the scenes DJ experience at Ministry of Sound; and cut-price Wimbledon hospitality packages.
David Pepper, Managing Director of Time Out Digital, says "Time Out's audience already book thousands of tickets and restaurants through our site every month; launching a deals platform is a key element of our ongoing strategy to enhance our transactional capabilities as we continue to develop as a digital media group.
Paul Shaw, e-commerce Director at Time Out and formerly Managing Director of Lifestyle at lastminute.com, says "while we really respect what sites such as Groupon and Living Social have done to revolutionise the daily deals marketplace, we knew there was no point in entering an already saturated market unless we had a very strong and unique offering, coupled with a significant and loyal audience. Time Out London's website is viewed by over 100,000 people a day; we had a ready-made market-place. So offering deals and 'money-can't-buy' experiences in keeping with the Time Out brand (many of which will be exclusive to Time Out) directly to our audience was the next logical step.
The platform is also offering an opportunity for the Time Out audience to help shape the offerings by requesting specific deals. The more people request deals, the better the chances are that businesses will offer one.
Time Out Deals (http://www.timeout.com/deals) will offer;
- Preview and discounted tickets to our favourite gigs and West End shows
- Exclusive access to Time Out Live events and unique London experiences.
- Discounts and added value packages on London's best entertainment, restaurants, bars & shops.
- Great savings on recommended hotels and weekend breaks. - Exclusive screenings and previews of the hottest films. The deals will be publicised by; - Daily emails to a growing list of registered users. - Prominent on-site coverage reaching 100,000 daily Time Out users. - Extensive online marketing. - Blogs, tweets, Facebook, and viral marketing.
- Top offers are featured in Time Out's weekly London newsletter which has over 200,000 subscribers.
- Opportunity to be featured in Time Out London magazine
About Time Out
Time Out was founded in 1968 in London, and has since grown into a leading international multi-channel media company that spans 35 cities across 24 countries and provides the very best inspiration, information and booking opportunities in arts, entertainment, culture, food & drink, and shopping.
Time Out is uniquely positioned as a provider of local information and cultural guidance to consumers through a distribution network which incorporates city magazines, a comprehensive online presence, mobile applications, travel guides, events and partnerships. Time Out has a worldwide audience of over 16 million* across all these channels
Time Out has experienced high growth in digital, with global unique users per month up year-on-year to over 7 million, of which over 2 million are in London. Time Out online goes far beyond simply reproducing the features of the magazines, and delivers a vast array of unique local content and cultural insight, also enabling consumer bookings, and giving wide opportunity for engaging and debating with its audience.
Time Out also recently launched its location based mobile applications and has already experienced over 1 million downloads to date. Time Out magazines are published in 35 cities. In addition, Time Out also publishes a broad range of guides, including city guides to some 50 cities, translated into 10 languages, as well as a number of other entertainment, culture, and consumer guides.
Time Out Live - a new division of the brand - has quickly grown to be synonymous with unique experiences and unmissable events, all curated by Time Out.
This followed an exciting 2010 which saw Time Out awarded International Consumer Magazine of the Year at the Periodical Publishers Association (PPA) awards alongside the following highlights:
- A global partnership deal with Nokia and the launch of iPhone and Android apps;
- Time Out editions launched in 14 new cities including Boston, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Jerusalem;
- The launch of a brand new print product - Time Out Style, a new fashion and design focussed magazine, debuted in Dubai with a view to launching in other territories in 2011;
- 100,000 attendees of Time Out Live events across the globe, including a Q&A session with Oliver Stone in London, Giles Peterson DJing at the Time Out Cafe in Tokyo and the premier of Animal Kingdom in Sydney.
Time Out's core goal is to be the number one trusted choice for consumers seeking inspiration, information and booking opportunities relating to arts, entertainment, culture, shopping, and food and drink in the world's key cities.
For further information please contact: Time Out Group Madelaine Bennett +44-20-7813-6180 email@example.com
SOURCE Time Out London