SECAUCUS, N.J., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Hartz, experts in flea and tick solutions for over 55 years, today announced the release of a national consumer 'No F&T' campaign to educate pet owners on the importance of year-round flea and tick protection. This dedicated messaging will be promoted through digital advertising and social media.
The primary flea and tick season in the United States is April – September; however fleas survive throughout the year. Hartz is committed to educating consumers that a consistently protected pet mounts a stronger defense against flea infestation; an infestation that cannot only pose a threat to the animals, but also to the home. Hartz has a complete line of flea and tick products, including collars, shampoos, home and garden sprays, and its best prevention product; Hartz® UltraGuard Pro® Flea & Tick Drops for cats and dogs.
"Only 5% of the problem is addressed when consumers treat the adult fleas they can actually see," states Lance Hemsarth, Senior Director, Research & Development at Hartz. "That means the remaining 95% of larvae and eggs left untreated can cause re-infestation. It is our duty as a trusted pet care brand to educate families regarding the health benefits of consistent flea prevention treatment for their pets." Like personal health exams and smoke alarm battery checks, establishing preventative behavior aids in overall health. Implementing interactive and engaging tactics to augment this behavior is the goal of this campaign.
Renowned veterinarian, Dr. Bernadine Cruz, will contribute to the 'No F&T' messaging through her practice based in Laguna Woods, California, as well as through her internet based radio show 'The Pet Doctor' heard on www.PetLifeRadio.com. States Dr. Cruz, "I have a special interest in flea and tick care for dogs and cats. When applied consistently, pet owners can safeguard their animals and their homes year-round; eliminating costly veterinary office visits for infestation and help protect the health of their pets and family. I am thrilled to be a part of this educational campaign."
The 'No F&T' approach will target consumers with the hashtag #NOFT to create community among pet owners and establish a prevention lifestyle. Digital ads and social media messaging, including monthly care reminders, will be communicated via Facebook starting this month. For more information, please visit www.hartz.com/brands/hartzultraguard.aspx, and @HartzPets on Facebook.
About The Hartz Mountain Corporation
For more than 85 years, Hartz has been dedicated to strengthening the bond between humans and their pets through innovative, trustworthy and affordable products. The company is also intent on providing pet owners with the information and support they need to care for their pets. Today, Hartz offers more than 1,500 products that cater to dogs, cats, parakeets, canaries, parrots, cockatiels, finches, goldfish, tropical fish, reptiles, ferrets, chinchillas, guinea pigs, hamsters and rabbits. www.hartz.com.
White Handed PR
Marla White / 949-275-6208