14 Nov, 2019, 08:48 ET
PHOENIX, Nov. 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Harvest Health & Recreation Inc. (CSE: HARV, OTCQX: HRVSF) ("Harvest"), a vertically integrated cannabis company with one of the largest and deepest footprints in the U.S., today announced CannApprove™, a set of testing and safety protocols for THC vape products available at Harvest retail locations. The CannApprove™ program represents a set of stringent seed-to-sale quality testing protocols developed and implemented during the past 10 years that Harvest products must pass before they are allowed on store shelves. The protocols are a demonstration of Harvest's continued leadership role on quality and safety and will enhance the experience of patients and customers across the country.
All Alchemy™, Chroma™, Delta 8, Co2lors™ and CBx Sciences™ Amplify and Meditate vape products are manufactured in compliance with the CannApprove™ protocols, which apply to ingredients, components, hardware, manufacturing processes and packaging.
"Quality and safety are at the center of what we do and have done for nearly a decade," said Harvest CEO Steve White. "CannApprove™ represents the rigorous steps and standards we employ to provide quality products for consumers and our patients. We go above and beyond the testing requirements in many jurisdictions where we operate and at a time when vaping products are under immense scrutiny, Harvest's efforts demonstrate our leadership role over quality control."
"Harvest's consumer safety team includes medical professionals, scientists, researchers and former regulators that have been implemented these protocols for many years and are excited to give consumers a clear picture of the steps we've always taken for their benefit," said Harvest Chief Scientist Noel Palmer, PhD. "We have played a role in writing some of the most stringent cannabis regulations in the nation and we bring that diligence to the work we do to protect our patients."
The CannApprove™ testing and safety protocols include:
- Stringent Third Party (or Internal) Testing: Our ingredients are tested internally or by third party laboratories to be free from potentially toxic ingredients like vitamin E, caprylic acid, mineral oil, squalene, polyethylene glycol (PEG), propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), medium chain triglycerides (MCT) oils and triethyl citrate.
- Quality Ingredients: Our THC vape pens and cartridges only use pharmaceutical grade cannabis from sources that have been tested for potency and to be free from residual solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, mycotoxins, microbiological and other contaminants. The flavors we use are all natural, nothing synthetic.
- Seed to Sale Testing: We test throughout the entire process, from seed to sale, and THC vaping products have completed the CannApprove™ program that can only be earned by following a rigorous testing process, detailed here with more information at www.cannapprove.com.
- Going Above and Beyond State Regulations: We go above and beyond most state requirements and apply rigorous testing standards to our products for the patients we serve. We ensure compliance with all state-specific regulations regarding use of ingredients.
- Thoroughly Analyzed Components: The cartridges, coils, wicking and soldering materials used in our products go through our state-of-the-art laboratories in Colorado, California or Florida for thorough testing at the elemental level for heavy metals and other contaminants before they are released to our facilities across the country.
- Responsible Manufacturing Practices: Our hardware is produced and packaged in Good Manufacturing Practice ("GMP") audited facilities or are overseen by GMP-experienced personnel and must include Certificates of Analysis, the gold standard in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Diligent Post-Fill Testing: Our filled products are tested for potency and to be free from heavy metals, residual solvents, pesticides, herbicides, mycotoxins, and microbiological and other contaminants.
- Device and Packaging Safety: We exclusively use child-proof and tamper-evident packaging. We run routine hardware audits to ensure our products do not allow for manipulation above manufacturer temperature guidelines. These steps ensure that our hardware as sold reproducibly reaches consistent temperatures safely and helps prevent contamination and modification for illicit use.
- Dedicated Professional Team: We have a robust team of professionals with backgrounds as regulators, medical professionals, scientists and researchers led by Chief Scientist Noel Palmer, PhD. Dr. Palmer and his team played a role in writing some of the most stringent cannabis regulations in the nation.
More information about Harvest's testing process can be found at www.cannapprove.com.
About Harvest Health & Recreation Inc.
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, Harvest Health & Recreation Inc. is a multi-state cannabis operator (MSO) and vertically-integrated cannabis company. Subject to completion of announced acquisitions, Harvest will have one of the largest footprints in the U.S., with rights to operate more than 210 facilities, of which approximately 130 are retail locations, and more than 1,700 employees across 18 states and territories. Since 2011, the company has been committed to expanding its Harvest House of Cannabis retail and wholesale presence throughout the U.S., acquiring, creating and growing leading brands for patients and consumers nationally and continuing on a path of profitable growth. Harvest's mission is to improve lives through the goodness of cannabis and is focused on its vision to become the most valuable cannabis company in the world. We hope you'll join us on our journey: https://www.harvesthoc.com
Investors are cautioned that forward-looking information is not based on historical facts but instead reflects Harvest management's expectations, estimates or projections concerning future results or events based on the opinions, assumptions and estimates of management considered reasonable at the date the statements are made. Although Harvest believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking information are reasonable, such information involves risks and uncertainties, and undue reliance should not be placed on such information, as unknown or unpredictable factors could have material adverse effects on future results, performance or achievements of the combined Company. Among the key factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking information are the following: the quality, efficacy and safety of our products, the ability of Harvest to develop Harvest's brand and meet its growth objectives, the ability of Harvest to complete planned acquisitions that are accretive to it's revenue, the ability of Harvest to obtain and/or maintain licenses or other contractual rights to operate in the jurisdictions in which it operates or in which it expects or plans to operate; changes in general economic, business and political conditions, including changes in the financial markets; and in particular in the ability of the Company to raise debt and equity capital in the amounts and at the costs that it expects; adverse changes in the public perception of cannabis and other products we sell; decreases in the prevailing prices for cannabis and cannabis products in the markets that the Company operates in; adverse changes in applicable laws; or adverse changes in the application or enforcement of current laws, including those related to taxation; the inability to locate and acquire suitable companies, properties and assets necessary to execute on the Company's business plans; and increasing costs of compliance with extensive government regulation. This forward-looking information may be affected by risks and uncertainties in the business of Harvest and market conditions.
SOURCE Harvest Health & Recreation Inc.
Share this article